Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trouble with guitarxpress, anyone?

Wes,

If Lloyd is behind schedule, it is probably for a good reason. He is a standup guy and in the end you will be glad you ordered from him.

rich

Comment

Don't worry dude, Lloyd is in California and will be back in his office on Monday!
      [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] He just sent me an email informing me that my custom order is done!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      Lloyd is [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] "The Man" [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] when it comes to Jackson's!!

Comment

Lloyd is a great stand-up guy. Don't worry one bit, he is one of the good guys.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I too know Lloyd is still in California. I talked with him yesterday and there had been some hang ups with a couple of suppliers that kept him there longer than he expected. You've got nothing to worry about. One of the most reliable guys I've ever done business with.

Comment

I am going to play the role of the contrarian, usually reserved for Black Mariah, and say that I think that you should cancel your order and go elsewhere.

You paid for your guitar on the 14th of January, today is the 29th and you haven't heard a word? Unless he had some sort of family emergency, I wouldn't think twice about canceling it.

From all of the other posts, it sounds like Lloyd is a great guy. But, that doesn't excuse him from conducting business in a timely fashion.

If you are going to be out of commission for any extended periods of time, you complete all pending transactions or you let your customers know that you won't be able to ship until X/XX/04. Not contacting Wes is inexcusable. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

I have never bought anything from MattsMusicCenter, but Matt has returned all of my phone calls and emails within hours. Same with Kevin Easton.

Comment

Shit happens. He seems honest, so its a matter of time.

Even with bitchings, concerns etc, I think if the situation is resolved, OK.

Maybe Loyd can compensate you somehow.

Comment

I got the silver black dragon Dk-1 from him the week of NAMM. I asked him if he was going and he said yes. I also asked if he was going to bring back any good stuff as I was gonna wait and see what he might bring back. He told me that at winter NAMM he usualy does not buy too much and if I wanted a DK-1 anyway I should get it ASAP as he was gonna be out a couple of weeks. seeing how I wanted the SBD DK-1 anyway I paid right away. got a tracking # that night and the guitar was in my hands 2 days later. I have bought 3 guitars from Lloyd over the last % months and he was top notch. I would def. but from him again.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This morning Lloyd sent me this! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"If the guys are worried, tell them that after NAMM and the
                  Orange County Guitar Show, I took a week off and went down to Mexico
                  for a little R&R.(i bet thats not the only reason he's down there! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) All is good!"

Thanks,
                  Lloyd

[ January 29, 2004, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Sleestack ]

Comment

Originally posted by Sleestack:
                    This morning Lloyd sent me this! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"If the guys are worried, tell them that after NAMM and the
                    Orange County Guitar Show, I took a week off and went down to Mexico
                    for a little R&R. All is good!"
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All is good except for the guy who was supposed to have his guitar delivered 5 days ago (and never heard from Lloyd).

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                      You paid for your guitar on the 14th of January, today is the 29th and you haven't heard a word?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the thing, though; no money was deducted from his bank card, so he actually didn't pay for it yet.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                        I have never bought anything from MattsMusicCenter, but Matt has returned all of my phone calls and emails within hours.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everyone has bad experiences from time to time. I emailed Matt a day and a half ago and haven't received a reply yet. I emailed GuitarXPress over a week ago and have yet to receive a response.

Now, I've not ordered anything, but I might would have if someone would return my missives.

Comment

I'm in the UK and bought a guitar from LLoyd and he was fantastic to deal with so I wouldn't get too concerned, but I agree, this does sound a bit sloppy...
                          However, apparently he's going to produce his own line of instruments: San Dimas guitars (bet FMIC will love that) so I'd guess that's what's taking up his time in California. There's some pics of his 'San Dimas' guitars on Brooks' site and they look pretty fine....
                          Cheers
                          Ian
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                          X