Chicago Music Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago Music Stores

Yeah it would Makin has been a main stay for upscale amps and guitars for over two decades.
    Tetsuo is right. The MGR in Arlington Hieghts is gone. But there is one on Milwaukee Ave at north ave. In Bucktown and one in Orland pArk which might a bit far if yur in the city and dont the area to well. MGR also has a website for gear so you can look ahead of time for anything specific to see if its worth the trip.
    music go round
    Not to mention the Guitar Centers in the area there's 5 of those I know Villa PArk has some used Jacksons and Charvels including a Strathead Mutt. (used to be my bosses)
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by RockBrigadePC1:
      I like in Hanover Park, 10 minutes from Woodfield Mall.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">holy crap, dude, i used to live in bartlett.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I stop in the MGR in Orland Park once in a while. They usually have crap but there is always 1 good deal lurkning around the corner--you just need to look for it. The sales people there are down to earth and do not try to sell you something you don't need. Other that that, the GC on Cirero or Halsted are my hang-outs (especially on Sat mornings when I drop my kid off to school).

L--Thanks for that list. Your reviews of the stores I'm aware of are dead on so I'm guessing your right on those I don't know of (but I will soon [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Amen to that!!! I bought my JRS-2 there for basically a song!!!

I try to avoid the GC on Halsted as much as possible though.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

by Tekky: I try to avoid the GC on Halsted as much as possible though
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So they have a Ron that works there too?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

There is a Ron that works at the one on Arlington Heights, he is very cool. He gives good deals and he owns like 7 Jems. Oh well, they are not Jacksons, but come on, Steve Vai plays them. It has to be an exception.

Comment

I met Ron, he's not a bad guy after all.

No, at Guitar Center on Halsted, it's all the guys that look like Fred Durst that scare me.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X