• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese jackson fansite : question

okay i've some question about this site :

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/index.html

could anyone here tell me what is :

Dan spitz professional - japan / us made ? whats the "Grover Jackson" writing ( http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/img/gall71c.jpg ) mean ? some type of series ?

are they / were they available outside of Japan ? When have they been produced ? those guitars look awesome (imho )

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gtkr/gitakora3.html

Kellystar - i've seen ONCE live in France , bolt on , rosewood fb so it was different in the specs . ( btw can anyone provide me more pics of Kellystars than in the jcf gallery ? )

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall08.html - 24 fret rosewood rhoads ?

http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall55.html - here again 24 fret rhoads grover jackson series ?

custom order jacksonstars

and custom japanese soloist.
    http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall09.html

what was / is the JacksonSTARS series ?some older us series / japan ?

I don't have japanese fonts ( my xp cd isn't @ home right now , and even if i had i doubt if i could understand anything [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

Re: Japanese jackson fansite : question

The "Grover Jackson" guitrars were, I think, a way to get around another company in Japan that had a trademark on the name "Jackson." The older guitars actually had a big "Grover Jackson" logo, but these ones seem to be newer...maybe the little "GJ" is so people know it's still part of the same line? No idea, I guess. I'm not up to date on the whole Jackson Stars deal - Newc will be along shortly, as he's into them and knows more than most of us.

What an awesome site, though. Too bad I don't know one damn word of Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
      Newc will be along shortly, as he's into them and knows more than most of us.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There will be no living with Newc now. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, the large-print Grover Jackson logo is newer - there's a Guitar School issue with Marty Friedman holding a Firebird with the smaller Grover Jackson logo after the large Jackson (USA-style) logo.

The JacksonStars line is a high-end Japan-only series, much like the USA Select series. I've got a JacksonStars "New Archtop Soloist" (NASL) which has a slightly larger body than the regular Soloist (wider in back), and it's definitely USA-quality. I have it on good authority that some of the JacksonStars and Grover Jackson models were built in the Ontario Cali shop and sent to Japan to be finished, and some were built in the Japan shop and sent to Ontario to be finished - whether that means "finished" as in "completed" (i.e. hardware/pickups added) or "finished" as in painted and cleaarcoated I don't know, and he didn't say.

The Jackson Stars and Grover Jackson lines include a 24 fret Rhoads, and soon the USA/European markets will have one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        However, the Japanese-only models range from the ultra-decked-out quilted maple sunbursts with gold Floyds and stringthrough/TOM to the lower-end solid colors with stringthrough/TOM and Floyded models.

The USA/Euro market Kellystars I've seen were Floyded models - that one in the link has a Kahler 3310 (non trem) or Pro (tremolo) bridge.
        I've never seen one in person.

Judging by what I've seen, I think that Soloist may actually be a true Japanese Custom Shop model, though I don't see anything specific about it that would make it different from a production model. If it has an ebony board, like the USA Soloist (instead of the rosewood boards I've seen on almost all the Grover/Stars models), then that may be a "Custom" line similar to the USA production "Custom" models (like Gibson's Les Paul Custom and Les Paul Special). From what I understand, Jackson's "Custom" naming convention is based on Gibson's naming convention (i.e. ebony with fancy inlays is "Custom", rosewood with dots is "Student" for Jackson and "Special" or Standard (some older SGs) for Gibson).

The Danny Spitz model is probably an XTRR production model made in Japan, though if the smaller Grover Jackson logo means Custom Shop, then it would, obviously, be a Custom Shop.
        I've seen one Grover Jackson model with the USA address on the trussrod cover (on Ebay).

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
          24 frets black with red bevels Rhoads!!!
          I want it!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by skarhead:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
            24 frets black with red bevels Rhoads!!!
            I want it!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm...interesting intonation setup there though.
            [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

can i read the prices correctly ? is the standard price ( not that ash body + 5 a maple top ) it's about 1500 bucks ? ( you must add shipping of course ) which is near the standard european price ( i've seen rr5 / sl3 for 1350/1400 euros so it's close )

Comment

If you're reading the prices at the JacksonStars.com site, those are MSRP, not the actual street price (though you will find some Japanese online stores asking the full price).
                I got my NASL for $950 shipped, but that was $100 extra for the hardshell case, $100+ shipping, plus the sales tax and PayPal fees to the person who bought it on my behalf. The guitar itself was only like $680 - he found it New Old Stock on a clearance sale sitting in a glass display case [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                The one I have is the NASL-160, which had the rosewood board. It was replaced with the NASL-J1 model, which has an ebony board.

But the majority of the used JacksonStars (and most new) I've seen go between $300 and $1200 tops.
                The model numbers they used to use (i.e. NASL-160) was the price in thousands of Yen, which meant the NASL-160's original List price was 160,000 Yen, which would be about $1500 US.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                  Hmmm...interesting intonation setup there though.
                  [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Forget that! Check out the kwazy recess cutout for the D tuna! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup, I noticed it. Wonder if that is stock? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

He took the guitar to a store and had them the rout for Dtuner.So it is not the stock model.
                      The red bevel painting was done by the owner after he bought it.

Guys, just letting you know that in Japan, Jackson Star guitars are selling real low now as up to 60% off of the retail.
                      IF you like RRV with 24frets and with Schaller trem and EMGs, there are some I can see for sale.
                      They usually come with hardshell cases and sell for less than $1,000.00.
                      Some have Ebony Fingerboard.
                      Not a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                        Hmmm...interesting intonation setup there though.
                        [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [/QB]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You get this setup when you compare the 1st and the 13th fret instead of the open string and the 12th fret. Try it, if you don't believe me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X