Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now wait just a damn minute!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3700800883

WTF is this shit? Gibson can freely mimic Jackson's Rhoads design with this POS Epiphone, but we can't even CUSTOM ORDER a Gibson shape?

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

And please, don't insult my intelligence by saying it's not pointy like the RR, that's not an issue.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Now wait just a damn minute!

Newc my brutha...my sentiments are with you on this one...it's a goddamn shame! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

But it's made out of "SOLID TONE WOOD"....so, there ya go! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

But its SOLID TONE WOOD.I say sue the sumbitches. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Damn hyperfuzz you made my toes hurt!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

*squirms*

I dunno. It's different (and ugly) enough that it's a non issue IMO.
            [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Easy guys the gibson flying V came decades before the king V. Rounded ends versus sharp point just like we have here. Gibson is just playing the game. If jackson can make v shaped guitars they can make rhoads shaped guitars.

Comment

I'm no Epiphone expert, but I'm guessing this model is a few years old and discontinued, and preceeds FMIC purchasing J/C. I don't think they even use that logo anymore.

Comment

Oh, yes..those things...

My ex's brother had a explorer-wanna be kelly (it was a different take on the explorer, looked more kelly-ish)

I laughed when I played it. Awfull neck.

Comment

Interesting... I have a picture from NAMM that I'm sure FMIC might be interested in... It's not gibson, but it was a company that had a booth around the corner from the Schecter booth... They had a Rhoads and Kelly ripoff. I'll try to locate and upload that pic tonight.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Shreddermon is entirely correct. This model has been around for several years, and isn't even listed on Epiphone's site anymore (as far as I can tell).

Jeez Newc, are you having your gear period or something? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought you couldn't patent/trademark body shapes...only headstocks???

Otherwise Fender would be all over every company and their grandmother making strat style guitars...

Comment

by ranalli
                          Otherwise Fender would be all over every company and their grandmother making strat style guitars...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The strat shape is actually refered to as a double cutaway as opposed to a single cutaway (Tele).These shapes are wide open anyone can use them. I am surprised however that the Fender contour body back cutout has been virtually adopted by almost everyone.Maybe the patent ran out.I'm not complaining it's definately more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                            Gibson and Fender have an agreement not to copy each others stuff too closely. AFAIK, no such deals exist with any other companies, but nobody manufactures exact knockoffs of those shapes in/for this country anyway. GMP's and ESP's are different enough that it doesn't piss Gibson off, or something.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you seen these?

Maybe not exact copies..
                            Squier

Comment

Wow. So, Fender doesn't make any Gibson like stuff huh?
                              Check out those links above my post.

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X