Now wait just a damn minute!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now wait just a damn minute!

Who cares? I highly doubt that the ugly Epiphone is going to threaten Jackson's sales of Rhoads guitars any.

Comment

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky:
        IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yes it is.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Would this be considered the single Squier Bullet theory?
          Occupy JCF

Comment

The Squier M series guitars are reissues more or less of DeArmond guitars that was a division of Guild. Guild is now owned by FMIC. The Lower Boughts are larger than a Gibson is and the headstock is differant. So where's the problem?
            There is no pattent infringement there. None of the dimensions are the same. Just similar. Although the scale length is the same. Maybe lawsuits should be done on scale length issues. :lol
            Then again maybe not. The only thing that companies like Gibson and Fender sew over are the Headstocks. Those are registerd trademarks. Just like EVH's 5150 crap.
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
              The only thing that companies like Gibson and Fender sew over are the Headstocks.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just what exactly do these companies sew onto their headstocks... like mittens or something? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was thinking little down filled parkas myself, with little Goretex mits for each tuning key [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, Gil's waaaay too easy a target.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

why is it that GMP and ESP can build gibby shapes but Jackson can't
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The way I understand it, Gibson never made an issue out of Jackson making Gibbie style guitars.
                      FMIC made the decision on their own to no longer make Gibson style guitar, not because Gibson was raising a stink about it.
                      Just my opinion though....

Comment

Gibson and Fender have an agreement not to copy each others stuff too closely. AFAIK, no such deals exist with any other companies, but nobody manufactures exact knockoffs of those shapes in/for this country anyway. GMP's and ESP's are different enough that it doesn't piss Gibson off, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                          why is it that GMP and ESP can build gibby shapes but Jackson can't
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I honestly doubt they are supposed to be copying Gibsons to begin with. Remember Gibson did threaten to sue ESP over the original Explorer they were putting out...thus having to change the shape to that butt ugly pointy thing.

GMP is a smaller company, and doubt Gibson has caught up with them yet as far as threatening a lawsuit.

Comment

Sioux.Sue,Soo,Su,Sew. What ever.
                            Yeah just call me LST.
                            Lage Stationary Target.
                            Smartass's
                            [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            Gil

Comment

Working...
                            X