Strange Charvel Tele spotted in OHIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Charvel Tele spotted in OHIO

I was in a music store/pawn shop today. They had a Charvel model I have never seen before hanging on the wall. It had a maple neck, rev headstock w/small logo, Ft Worth neckplate, 2 sc pups, tele style bridge, metallic powder pink tele body w/ white binding....Just plain weird lookin'. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Overall it was in pretty good shape, a couple bumps here & there, but no major dings. I'd give it an 8.5/10. Frets & fretboard looked good. The guy said it was a consignment piece. He told me $300, but I bet I could get it for $275. Not sure if it had a case or not. I'm not into tele's or sc pups, so I didn't play it.

I may go back & get a couple pics. Anybody out there know what model this is, and if it's a good investment....Lemme know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: Strange Charvel Tele spotted in OHIO

model 7.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Click here
      Occupy JCF

Comment

275 to 300 is right in line with todays market from what I've seen. I'd say it would be a decent investment as long as you're willing to hang onto it for another 10 or 15 years. If it had a hum I'd be all over it!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...I've never paid much attention to tele's. It just looked strange to me.
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I'm still looking for a body to one of these so if anyone has one please let me know. I have a reverse maple/maple charvel neck that needs a mate [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !!

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

If you don't go for it, let me know. Salmon/pink = best color ever, and I can swing that price, I think.

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
                If you don't go for it, let me know. Salmon/pink = best color ever, and I can swing that price, I think.

Joseph
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe,
                I'd be more than happy to pick it up for you. PM me....Lemme know...
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll be very glad you bought it! If you look at the bottom of the thread in Tekky's link, you'll see my Salmon Model 7. Pink is the heat!

As you can see in the pic, I replaced the stock single coils with a Cool Rails in the neck and a Hot Rails in the bridge. That guitar has the coolest heavy blues rock vibe! Chuckracer sold me that guitar and I'll be forever grateful! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

now if yall can find one in a lefty config. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                    sometimes it sux livin in a righty world lol

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                      You'll be very glad you bought it! If you look at the bottom of the thread in Tekky's link, you'll see my Salmon Model 7. Pink is the heat!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AHA! You're the guy with that one! I was gonna try to get it off you a while back when you were thinking about moving it, but you changed your mind. That pic will come in handy when I try to envision myself wearing the guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Model 7s are great guitars I had a tobacco burst one there are some members here that have some like this.Mine was technically a legend model because it was a 90 model with the small toothpaste logo.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Eristic:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll be very glad you bought it! If you look at the bottom of the thread in Tekky's link, you'll see my Salmon Model 7. Pink is the heat!

As you can see in the pic, I replaced the stock single coils with a Cool Rails in the neck and a Hot Rails in the bridge. That guitar has the coolest heavy blues rock vibe! Chuckracer sold me that guitar and I'll be forever grateful! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fritz, is that the one you bought from Chuckracer??
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Eristic:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fritz, is that the one you bought from Chuckracer??
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                            Chuckracer sold me that guitar and I'll be forever grateful! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm guessing so! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                              OK, sometimes I don't read everything... I skim through stuff...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's been my problem for a long time but I'm working on it!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X