Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out what model Jackson this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out what model Jackson this is?

Hi everybody, I'm considering buying a used jackson, but I am trying to figure out more information about the particular guitar.

I spoke to the seller on the phone, and he says it is a dinky standard from the early 90's, but from looking at Harmony Central reviews and other sites, I can't find an exact model called a dinky standard. There was a review labeled Professional Dinky Standard? I'm thinking this is it but I am not sure? The seller told me that on the headstock the guitar says "Dinky Std." and that the serial number is 212742.

Any information you could give me based on this would be appreciated (USA or foreign made, body/neck materials, general going rate for such a guitar, etc.) Thanks- Thomas

Re: Trying to figure out what model Jackson this is?

Yes, there was a Dinky Standard, and it's Japanese made. Anything that says Professional on the headstock is indeed made in Japan. The truss rod cover will have the label Dinky Std.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The going rate for all Std. models seems to be no more than $400 these days...

EDIT: $400 is what seems to be the max for the neck-through Rhoads Std. and Kelly Std. models, but for a Dinky you'll most likely find 'em cheaper because they're 'inferior bolt on guitars' [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Dumpy, I wouldn't necessarily call them "inferior" just because they're a "bolt on". Many of us prefer the bolt on guitars and they are every bit as high of quality as the neck thrus. It's just a matter of preference. Anyway, that guitar is probably worth between $150.00 and $250.00 depending on the condition. The older Jackson professional series guitars are of the highest quality and can't be beat for the money. PERIOD!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The Dinky Standard is the only Dinky with a clear pickguard, matching body, pickups, and inlay...

For example...

<center></center>
          Occupy JCF

Comment

mm, I don't think Dumpy meant that they are inferior, only that because of that general perception you can get them for considerably less than a neckthru.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Uh, yeah Dumpy, perhaps you missed the quoation marks and the [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] !!

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Sorry, just pickin' on ya!

Comment

Working...
              X