Guitars that fit like a Rhoads...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars that fit like a Rhoads...?

Are there any other Jacksons/Charvels that sit like a Rhoads? What I mean is when you are playing a Rhoads it sits with the the neck going upwards towards the headstock at an angle. Anyone who has plays a Rhoads knows this makes it extremely easy to rip it up on those high frets. What I want to know is if there are any other guitar shapes that give you that same feel, like maybe the Warrior or the KV? Or even the Star? I played an import warrior of some kind once, but didn't pay much attention because I didn't like the laquered neck, and I can't remember how it balanced. Anyway...help?

Re: Guitars that fit like a Rhoads...?

The Warrior comes the closest in terms of balance (actually better, IMO - the RR seemed to nosedive with a nylon strap), but I found my KV Pro DM sat farther back than I like a V to sit.
    It's all personal preference, though.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      - the RR seemed to nosedive with a nylon strap...

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would say that is true of the RR1, but not the RR1T or RR5. The RR5 sits the best of all of them, but the RR1T still balances nicely.

For me, RR1s with a nylon strap are completely unplayable.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

My KV angles up high and plays like a rhoads, the warrior close but not quite... the high frets seem more out to my left, whereas both the Rhoads and KV seem to have the higher frets sit above my tummy.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Blot-ons are almost always top heavy. Even my XTRR with a smaller body doesn't nose dive. The one Warrior I tried (Bolt on MG) was top heavy and unbalanced. Body woods will be a factor though. Even two bodies made from the same wood can easily have a different weight.

Maple is very heavy so if it is neckthough it's inherently going to be more body heavy than a bolt-on.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
          X