Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm a proud new owner of a dk2

Ok...here's the scoop on what happened with my purchase:

I own a DK2 in trans amber now - BEAUTIFUL guitar. I purchased it from american musical supply, for 369 bucks. I guess it was a discontinued color, because there aren't anymore listed in their inventory.

The reason I canceled my purchase from guitarxpress.com is because I got to thinking I didn't want to settle for a blue dinky - I really wanted amber. Lloyd didn't have the amber in stock. He's a good salesman, though. I'll hand it to him - he knows his stuff.

I have to hand it to Jackson...this guitar came set up pretty damn good. Low action, no fret buzz, and good pickups - 5 way pickup selectors are where it's at.

One small detail that must have been overlooked was the fret ends - they were sharp. However - my wife (who I said in an earlier thread plays bass) happens to be a pro at sanding / painting / oiling. She filed my frets down without so much as a nick on the binding. Her technique was to use masking tape over the binding around the frets, and use a sponge sanding block, as well as individual sheet sections. I'm married to a regular guitar tech - damn I'm lucky!

Once again, thanks to you guys for helping me choose my first Jackson guitar. In a few weeks I think I'll get one with a reverse headstock or maybe even a Kelly.

Wes

Re: i\'m a proud new owner of a dk2

Congrats!!! Your wife also sounds like a keeper! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, congrats on getting the guitar you want; your wife sounds awesome all right!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can I borrow your wife? ONLY KIDDING!!!! My RXD10 came with some SHARP fret ends...GGRRR...actually cut my hand. I am taking it to a shop this week.....

Comment

Working...
        X