Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Band's First Show! (Jackson KE3 in full effect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band's First Show! (Jackson KE3 in full effect)

My band Barabus played out first show last night, and it went really well. We played 3 covers (Livewire by Crue, Livin' After Midnight by, well, you know, and The Wickerman by Iron Maiden) and 4 originals. It went over really well, especially considering we were a straight-up metal band playing with 6 other bands that were mostly hardcore.

Anyways, here's some pics!

Me in mid-solo.

The whole band.

What everyone wants to see... I can tell.

Re: Band\'s First Show! (Jackson KE3 in full effect)

I also just got sent a short audio clip that someone recorded with their digital camera.

5-second clip w/image

Comment

That KE3 is an awesome machine, isn't it? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I really do enjoy jamming the Maiden and Priest tunes on mine as well.

Comment

Ok...

70's clothing, '79-85 music?

heh...where are you guys from?

Cool axe.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryKer:
          I also just got sent a short audio clip that someone recorded with their digital camera.

5-second clip w/image
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW! That WAS short!!! can we hear more?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You like like the dude from That '70s Show.

Comment

The show was videotaped, so hopefully I'll be able to capture the audio from it once I get a tape. And though we look pretty joke-metal, just screwing around, our originals are actually fairly serious... we have big melodic power metal-style vocals over pretty massive riffs (and still fairly shred-esque solos), so it's not like we're going for vintage cheese.

A lot of credit goes to our drummer, who comes up with amazingly interesting beats without overplaying.

And we're from the Niagara region, in Southern Ontario. We got offered 3 more gigs after we played that night, so it looks like we'll be doing alright for shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                That KE3 is an awesome machine, isn't it? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I really do enjoy jamming the Maiden and Priest tunes on mine as well.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hell yes. I prefer a bolt-on satin-finished neck to a neck-thru anyways, so it's perfect for me.

I've still got to install the DiMarzio Steve's Special and Air Norton... wonder what I'll do with that EMG 81.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryKer:
                  Hell yes. I prefer a bolt-on satin-finished neck to a neck-thru anyways, so it's perfect for me.

I've still got to install the DiMarzio Steve's Special and Air Norton... wonder what I'll do with that EMG 81.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got a gloss-finished neck on mine. I think the newer ones have the satin-finish.

Throw in an EMG-85 instead of the EMG-81. I find that I get incredible classic fat tones out of it than with the EMG-81. Definitely great for that Maiden crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Killgasm:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep,I thought it too

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Killgasm:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep,I thought it too </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everyone says that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

What's with the beards-but-no-mustache look? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Is that what's hip with the cool cats nowadays? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, but for me it's mostly because the hair I could grow as a 'stache looks terrible. So it's the chinstrap or wolverines if I want facial hair, and the chinstrap is more presentable at a day job.

Comment

I thought you were Amish. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

...it's a "Ke3r" trans blue and I love that the fact you put emgs in her nice , but oil your board every now and then dude ! or is that just the pic ? and nice live clip dude ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X