Official save your butt thread :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official save your butt thread

Ms LPC I'm glad my wife holds the same opinion as you do, as long as everything is paid I'm free to do what I like (hence my 50+ guitars [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
    http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons...4814340f16e712

Comment

If you have ever wanted to say to your wife "...you think I am bad, you should see this guy...", feel free to use me as your sacrificial lamb.

Here's my story: I stopped playing for about 15 years and picked it up again about a year ago. In fact my first guitar was delivered on Jan. 3, 2003. Here is what I have bought or traded for over the last 13 MONTHS:

Jacksons:

SL-2H UVB
      SD Telecaster
      SLATQH TB
      SLATQH TG
      Archtop Soloist Pro Red
      Archtop Soloist Pro Blue
      Custom Shop Rhoads Polka Dot V (wish I kept it)
      Custom Shop Soloist
      SL-1 BGP
      SL-1 GMG
      JJ-2 Scott Ian
      (2) WR-1s both GMG
      Y2KV
      SL-2H BCSB (still have, but am going to sell)
      RR-1 refinned as Stryper guitar (keeper, Thanks go to The Nine)
      Infinity Pro (keeper)

Charvels:
      Model 1
      (2) Red Charvel 750xls
      Charvel 750xl White
      SD Strat
      Rhoads Pro
      Model 3
      SD Series I
      Strathead Parts Guitar
      Model 7 (keeper-Thanks, Chuckracer)
      25th Anniv. San Dimas (on order)

Carvin:
      DC400
      DC200

Others:
      Performance Strat
      GMW Strathead (on order)
      GMW Empire (enroute)

Amps:
      Mesa .50 Cal Combo
      Marshall JCM 800 Combo 4010
      Bogner 2 x 12 Cabinet
      Engl Blackmore Sig Amp.
      Vetta
      Voodoo Amps Mod. ADA MP-1
      Mesa 20/20
      Traynor YCV-40A
      Roland Cube 30 (keeper)
      Crate DXJ112 (keeper-Thanks, JG)
      Splawn Mod. Marshall 1987x Reissue (keeper-Thanks Fretburner)
      Genz Benz 2 x 12 Cab (keeper)

And you thought you had issues? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My wife is the same way, you learn how to place things just so, so she doesn`t realize you have something different!! I have had at least 100 guitars before, not all at 1 time. I am currently down to my favorites [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] :

1993 Jackson Soloist Custom Archtop
        2003 Jackson SL2H
        1991 Hamer Chapparal Deluxe
        1986 Hamer Chapparal Custom
        1995 Hamer Special FM
        ? Peavey Destiny Neck Thru
        ? Peavey Destiny Custom Neck Thru

2 Amps:

1993 VHT Pittbull CLX-100 2x12 Combo
        ? Peavey Ultra 60 Watt 2x12 Combo
        Madison 4x12 Cabint

Jack.

Comment

If a woman bother you about how many guitars you own use this word:

Shoes
          [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one guitar and I play the living crap out of it every single day. It's a Jackson JJP that I've modified a bunch of times since I got it. I've never been one to own more than 2 guitars at a time, maybe because I'm surrounded by them all day long. I like to find one that serves my needs and play it religiously until it breaks.

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:

Shoes
              [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh, thats sooooooooooooo not fair [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                I have one guitar and I play the living crap out of it every single day. It's a Jackson JJP that I've modified a bunch of times since I got it.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those JJPs are great! I love mine, and it's totally stock!! I may put in a push/pull or concentric pot down the line, but I'm pretty happy with it the way it is anyway. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mordor:

Shoes
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oh, thats sooooooooooooo not fair [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're right; it should be shoes AND clothes! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Regarding your other question, it's hard to guess the value of those guitars in 30 years, but it's very likely they'll be worth more than your old shoes and clothes will be! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Of course they will probably ONLY EVER sell after Mr. LPC passes on, so
                  you'd best have him make up a price sheet for you ahead of time. That way you won't be the little old lady
                  getting lowballed on the guitars!

Rich
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah, guitars! 35 right now, 4 gig-size amps, one small rack setup with power amp, 2 412 cabs, 4 212 cabs, several floor multieffects - and no wife! I can throw my socks on the floor with IMPUNITY!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Of the guitars, 5 Jacksons and 3 Charvels, then 4 Carvins, 2 Gibsons,
                    2 neckthrough Yamahas, 3 boltneck Yamahas, 2 Washburns, then miscellaneous off-brand and parts mutts, but nice guitars.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ok, here's my story. My husband supports me totaly (sp)?? I have heard the "you can only play one at a time speech" etc. But he loves karaoke, and wants to KJ. My response to all his CD "needs"...you can only play one a time LOL.. it works. I currently have 4 guitars...am selling the Ibanez for money towards another Jackson. Anyway. Thats us.

Comment

I've got several guitars, a couple of amps and umpteen stompers. If I pick up a new stomper I sometimes get the 'why do you need more boxes, you can't fit the ones you've got in the house at the moment?' line* but most of the time I'm left to my GAS-quisitions in peace............ and I don't question the need for yet another pair of shoes or a bag. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

* For the record, she was right, I can't fit all my gear in the house at the moment, some of it has to be left at my folks' house. I'm getting a new place this year (hopefully somewhere that can be converted into a house of guitar). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X