Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you using (pickup wise) in your jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat
    bill lawrence R and XL
    How do you like the R? I've never tried it. I've got a 500XL in the bridge and kept the Duncan Jazz in the neck of my slatqh. I like the tone and response of the Jazz but it isn't output matched too well with the XL. I should get push pull pots and set up the controls like an LP.

Comment

JB+Jazz in all my guitars. I have experimented with the Steve's special, EMG-81's, Duncan Livewires, Duncan Distortion and the Invader and have always come back to the JB. In my opinion the JB gives the most natural and sweet distortion around, but that's just me.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I am very suprized that nobody mentioned the Kent Armstrong Motherbuckers.. Once you install them on, you'll never take them off..
        No need for all those weak EMGs and all those other wannabe strong toy pickups.. go for the real thing?

Comment

I've got a pro series DK2 lefthanded coming in
          think it has JB's in the bridge and SC's
          I'll probably replace them with an EMG set and put the jb etc in a strat I've got laying around here. =)

Comment

Mostly TB4/SH2 combo (replaced SH1 on my Soloist).
            Because I don't say it
            Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

I do a lot of fast multi note runs and arpeggios up and down the neck so articulation is what is important to me. I use a lot of vibrato also so sustain is the other important factor.

In my Custom I have a TB-5 and a '59. Great combo together. The Duncan Custom is a great pup because you can turn it down a notch and it gets more articulate and has more dynamics.

In my PC1 I exchanged the Dimarzio in the bridge for the TB-5. Has a deeper sound.

In the Warrior I have a Bill Lawrence 500XL bridge and a 450 in the neck.

In my Charvel I have a Aero Instrument level 2 which is more of a neck pup but is very clean and articulate as the guitar only has one pup.

I have said it before here - of all the pups I have had - and they include many of the Dimarzios - Aero Insturment makes the finest pups I have ever heard. I plan on getting a level 3 in my Demon bridge position.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Emg 707

Comment

charvel strat = 1 ancient seyomour duncan custom and one single coil pulled out of a mid 70's strat

jackson soloist = 1 bartolini passive humbucker and 2 stock jackson single coils

...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

USA Fusion - Duncan Screamin' Demon bridge, Vintage Rails neck and middle
                    Model 1a - Duncan Distortion Bridge, Jazz Neck
                    Model 4 - Stock
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                    X