Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you using (pickup wise) in your jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you using (pickup wise) in your jacksons?

what jackson do you own and what style do you play on it?
    I have a sl-2H and the stock jb/59 was not exactly what i wanted in tone,so i swapped them out for a custom TB5/screamin demon and this set seems to be much better for the METAL stuff i play with the band(old metallica,testament,king diamond,slayer,maiden,priest, ozzy,etc)

Re: What are you using (pickup wise) in your jacksons?

TB-6/Hot Rail/Cool Rail in my SL3.
    '59/Jazz in my prototype V
    Nada/Nothing in my KVX10 because I haven't put the pickups in it yet. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got two '94 Dinky HX models (string-thru TOM), one's got a DiMarzio Tone Zone and Jackson J50N, the other's got EMG 85/60.

I just got a Warrior mutt (MG body with reverse Peformer neck, I guess it was from a PS4) without pickups, and I've got a DiMarzio X2N and Super 2 to go in... I'm just waiting for a midboost system to come in, and everything's going to be hooked up to a five-way switch. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I play some different styles, but mostly old school stuff like Slayer, Megadeth, Overkill, Metallica, Exodus, Mercyful Fate, Iron Maiden, etc.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

'96 RRX with Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge- hardly needs any gain at all from the amp, gives a real vicious sound. I've got an X2n that may be goin in a KE2 i'm getting, i think i prefer dimarzios to duncans generally (more evil), but i'll wait and see if it needs it...

Comment

BM's got the prototype acoustic KVX10 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've got Duncan Distortions in the bridges of most of my Jacksons, except for an EMG 81 in my SL Pro and WR Pro, and a Custom in my NASL. Neck pickups are Jazz, JB, Custom, and the EMG SA's.

I've got a Jackson J50-B in the bridge of one Model 2, and a DiMarzio Super3 in the bridge of another Model 2 (modded for neck pickup), with a Lawrence 250 in the neck.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Seymour Duncan JB

Play mostly Megadeth and a little Death style kinda Metal

Comment

I've just got an X2N and the stock neck pickup in my RR3. Thinking about replacing the neck pick up with a super 2 or super 3.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

EMG 81/85 in my Chlorine SL2H and Seymour Duncan® JBTM TB4 / ‘59TM SH1N in my other SL2H.

Matt

Comment

I play 2 Charvel custom shop Strats with HSS PU configuration. One is built to my own custom order, with a TB-6 and two STK-S1N. The other one is one of 150 built to order of the former C/J distributor. She came with a J50B and two J100V, and a replaced the J50B with a TB-6.

Comment

I've tried a few different pickup/wood combinations...

Soloist Pro (alder or poplar): Duncan Full Shred bridge, Jackson single coils
                    Dinky Pro XL (basswood): Duncan JB bridge, Jackson s/c mid, Duncan Li'l 59 neck
                    Concept JDX (basswood): JB bridge, Jackson single coils
                    Concept JDX (basswood): Screamin' Demon bridge, Jackson single coils
                    USA DR2 (ash): Full Shred bridge, Jazz neck
                    USA KV2 (alder): JB bridge and neck
                    USA RR2 (alder): Kent Armstrong JP-?? bridge and neck

I also have a Stealth with a DiMarzio Steve's Special in the bridge and Jackson singles, but haven't got it wired together yet. I've found that the Full Shred is my favorite pickup overall, but the JB and Screamin' Demon both sound surprisingly good in basswood bodies, compared to in brighter woods.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm using Adder Plus' in my SL2H - Persuader Lead Custom in the bridge and Persuader Lead in the neck. These pups RULE! They're passive, so no battery worries - and they STILL kick the EMG's in the ass!
                      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Duncan Distortion/Jazz - the best of both worlds

Comment

I'll definitely have to try out those Adder Plus pickups one day if I'm feeling brave, but for now, my KE3 sounds amazing with the EMG-85 bridge and EMG-89 neck, splittable with the single push-pull volume pot.

My "pending" Jacksons are as follows:

-Shannon Soloist with DiMarzio Super 3 bridge, Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the middle and neck positions.

-DK27 baritone with stock EMG-HZ3 pickup. This is one of the older DK27s that has the EMG-HZ pickups rather than the newer DK27D model that's equipped with DiMarzios. I'm guessing that the DK27D doesn't fit into the MG Series Jacksons anymore.

Comment

SL2GX : JB/59 .. im going to switch to JB/Jazz soon

DXMG : EMG 81/60

DK1 thats gonna be refinned by Mr. Sully : EMG 85/60

Other DK1 on sale : Dimebucker, and 2 singles that were stock.

... Is there a big difference between the JB and Distortion models?

~E

Comment

Charvel 650 XL
                              neck: Hot Rails
                              middle: Cool Rails
                              Bridge: Distortion

Hamer Chapparal
                              neck: Li'l 59
                              middle: Li'l 59
                              bridge: JB

Hamer Mirage
                              neck: Vintage Rails
                              middle: Vintage Rails
                              bridge: Hot Rails

Ibanez RG1527
                              neck: Jazz-7
                              bridge: Custom-7

I play mostly metal looking for a more melodic/prog metal sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X