What about a log book project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a log book project?

As far as I understand, some logs are no longer available. Either they have been removed or they have been destroyed by a fire.

What about a JCF project (re)building a complete as possible log book of USA Charvels and Jacksons? My idea is collecting all the existing log entries (as far as available), informations and pics from the galleries on JCF and CC, info (specs, work orders etc) and pics sent in from owners, detailed stock lists from distributors and dealers (I have some of them), logging infos of Charvels and Jacksons sighted in stores or on stage or of friends guitars, etc.

Are some JCF members already doing their private logs?

Re: What about a log book project?

Rich Harris from www.ibanezrules.com is kinda doing the same thing with one model of Ibanez, the UV77MC.The one that everyone thinks that there are only 60 MKR's (jap swirls),He wants to put the debate about the production numbers of 1038 UV77MC's (978 ATD swirls and 60 MKR swirls) to rest.He's requesting pics from all the UV77MC owners so he can put together something better then what Ibanez and Darren J from ATD say the numbers are.

So what your thinking of doing isn't impossible. It might take a long time but I think its total worth it.You might consider getting help on doing it,might be to much for one person to handle.

If you want any help i'm up for a good challenge, i'm by no means a J/C expert but i'm willing to give you a hand if you want/need it.

Comment

Re: What about a log book project?

One problem is that the main reason why the logs are wanted in the first place is to match the serial number to the work orders then to see the factory specs. Many guitars have been refinished, pieced together from other Jacksons, and modified that the logs are now tainted. Some info would still be missing, like completion date, store or person that originally ordered the guitar, etc.

I have thought about keeping a private Jackson 'log' just to mark where things are at now. However, I already maintain a Fender log for 1950-1976 which is enough work for me.

Comment

Working...
      X