Charvel Strathead Special Run - An Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Strathead Special Run - An Update

Well guys, it's disappointing news. After putting the initial effort on the back-burner to seek out more information, opinions and/or options, I have to call in the coroner and declare this project officially dead.

Let's just say that it is very clear that, other than the 25th and Retro guitar lines, FMIC and/or J/C will NOT build any other stratheads at the current time at all. No matter what.

Oh well. Let's just hope that a multi-PU, Floyd'd model and/or allowing custom shop orders are not too far over the horizon. ...Summer NAMM's next. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Strathead Special Run - An Update

Guys guys guys, Fender is always going to dictate when and where you get a Strathead that does not say Fender - no amount of "but" is going to change their mind. The Strathead is a Fender Strat trademark - Charvels will have to go on without them, or else it:
    A) Decreases the financial value of the limited edition Strathead Charvels
    B) Pisses off the collectors who are depending on the financial value of those limited edition Srathead Charvels
    C) Puts Fender in a position of once again being outsold by Charvel Stratheads.

I'm sure the Retro line will be nice to look at, but if it's going to be a bunch of one-hum wonders, there's no reason for Fender to allow Strathead Charvels that compete with the Fender Strat (i.e. multiple pickups & Floyds, etc).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What about byung a 25th anniversary or Retro Charvel and adding additional pickups, controls and Floyd Rose?

Comment

If you want a Strat head buy a Fender or build
        a parts mutt or get over it! Just my .02. Personaly I like the Charvel (sears style)headstock.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Yeah, just remember if you buy a Warmoth now you've got to specify that they square the fretboard at the top so it looks like a Charvel....now costs $15 extra...well worth it to me!

Comment

I was reffering to Warmoth Stratheads, BTW...anybody else think their Jackson 'style' headstock looks like shite? I asked them if now that they COULD do an exact copy as they're a Fender Licsensee (?) if they were, they said they have no plans to change it....lame!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby:
              What about byung a 25th anniversary or Retro Charvel and adding additional pickups, controls and Floyd Rose?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a lot of scratch to drop on a guitar you're going to carve up...

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Ahem...GMW...again...

Comment

Ahem...Warmoth neck...Model body..OFR..be done with it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Order a Warmoth Strat neck with the Wolfgang profile - BAM you've got EVH's personal guitar neck from his original B&Y Charvel.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X