Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 namm shannon soloist

hello all,
    as i have found,it seems the protocall for a shannon soloist is (shut up and post the pic first)so i present my humble offering.
    [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
    [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] could someone verify the initials on the hang tag? i believe this is the guitar in the custom shop archives on page 3 third row last guitar on the right(damn i wish i could zoom in on that serial) [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ,i took the duncan out myself and put in an EMG 89.i also believe that, it being the namm sale,
    it was the first...(not the prototype)...of the 98 special run,hence the "j" serial from the custom shop and the single hum.it has all the features of the shannon soloists....except his sig. on the back of the hedstock.PLEASE can some one help me confirm any of this. im dieing to see if im right.
    MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Re: 97 namm shannon soloist

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ:
    it has all the features of the shannon soloists....except his sig. on the back of the hedstock.[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it doesn't. The Shannon Soloists would have three pickups... H/S/S, plus the signature on the back of the headstock. What kind of special run was this? It might just be a one-off Custom Shop since it's only got one humbucker.

Sweet guitar either way. Congrats on that beauty!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

THey did have a few prototypes and I believe some were one and two hum prototypes too. The final production line was as TJ said though. Brett would know more.... He'll be around shortly... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

thanx for the congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        alright,it has all the features but the 3 pups and the sig. everyone that i have owned(4)has had 3 pups and the sig. in various conditions, i had a black one that all, but the kinda star shape in MIKE was gone [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] so i pay the guy who didn't seem to bright to begin with than asked what happened to mike's sig. and he told me...get this "thats what it said? never heard of him. i fgured it was some young punk name on it and i shure the hell didnt want some kids name i did or didnt know on my guitar, why is he a famous guitarist?" [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] i politely told him "naaaaaaa just a guy that builds them" and was on my way. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] so i know that they can be removed by someone who don't know any better. it does have the tilt neck , the non reccesed floyd,the binding over the frets, and the correct jackson logo, and it feels like the ones i used to own, that makes me think that if anything HE did build it.the initials on the hang tag look like the kinda star shape in his name,if someone has a tag that they know was signed by him and could scope it out that would be choice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the date on the tag would put it just before the production run came out, and it being a namm guitar, i figured that it might have been jackson's way of putting out a tease of what was comming.

as far as the pic in the custom shop archive goes i have not SEEN one with those specs. other than mine and that pic.,so i thinking that it is this ax. and like i said i took the duncan out myself.
        i didnt buy this one new mind you.
        the guy i got it from sends me no less than 8 emails a year for the last 4 years wanting to buy it back cause he REALY regrets selling it. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] but i kindly tell him no each time [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ,cause THAT guy dont deserve this baby. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

MOSH ON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Mike Shannon's signature on the back of the headstock would be UNDER the clear coat... so there would be no easy way to remove it.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
            THey did have a few prototypes and I believe some were one and two hum prototypes too.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did they? I thought the prototypes were also H/S/S. Hmm, you may be right, though. The one prototype that was sherbert orange, I don't think anyone knows what happened to. I'd love to find that thing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Without being in Texas and looking at my guitars, I can´t tell you where the sig is supposed to be, but it does have all the signs of a Shannon.

I´d like to buy it, or trade for it, regardless of if it´s a Shannon or not because I need a 1 hum soloist for my collection. You interested? Drop me a line please at my addy below. I can make it worth your while.

Brett

Comment

originally posted by xenophobe--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I'm pretty sure Mike Shannon's signature on the back of the headstock would be UNDER the clear coat... so there would be no easy way to remove it.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OH..... it wasn't pretty [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                mmmm.....chemicals......BAD [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a BEAUTY!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Yeah, the sig is supposed to be under the clearcoat. I tried scratching mine just to see. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am assuming someone took chemicals to the back of your headstock to remove the signature. What does it look like? Do you have any photos of the "damage"?

Comment

hey thanx for the comp. priest [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    the damage was on a black shannon i used to own, not this one.
                    this one does have a small chip in the paint on the bottom though. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] caused by a flying ashtray projectile launched from the pit at a show where we ....according to the [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] police in Panama city beach florida [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .....insighted a riot. if you look at the brighter photo look up diag. to the right of the vol. knob. you cant see it in the dimmer photo cause the bar was in the way at that angle.

Comment

Oh, the signature is gone from that BLACK Shannon you used to own... I understand now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] So you're just asking for verification on the hangtags that you have just to see if that truly is a Shannon as you suspect.

Comment

that would be it priest man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and any info on if it is the one in the archive as well........sure looks like it to me [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        mosh on
                        dave

Comment

MOSHWITZ, you might want to consider clicking on the "Guitar Of The Month" link a the top of the page, e-mailing the forum administrator in charge of the "Guitar Of The Month" thing, and submitting your one-hum Blue Ghost Flames Soloist. To me, it seems rather unique, especially if it truly is the first of the 98 special run as you say. Does it have a Custom Shop logo on the headstock? I can't really make it out from your pictures, but it doesn't look like it has one. Why does it have a "J" serial number but not have the Custom Shop logo decal?

Comment

MOSHWITZ, you might want to consider clicking on the "Guitar Of The Month" link a the top of the page, e-mailing the forum administrator in charge of the "Guitar Of The Month" thing, and submitting your one-hum Blue Ghost Flames Soloist
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">already did it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            so well have to see.

To me, it seems rather unique, especially if it truly is the first of the 98 special run as you say
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats just my speculation on it,i dont know if it is or isnt that's why i started asking if anyone could tell me anything about it.

[quote] Does it have a Custom Shop logo on the headstock? I can't really make it out from your pictures, but it doesn't look like it has one.
                            nope dont have one [/IMG]
                            Why does it have a "J" serial number but not have the Custom Shop logo decal?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] mind boggling isnt it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            the one in the archive pic dont have a custom shop logo either [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

yuo can hear it over in the mp3 sec. if you would like [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X