X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this is?

http://www.frankencat.com/pic/FrankS/grnjackson1.jpg
    http://www.frankencat.com/pic/FrankS/grnjackson2.jpg

Somebody wants to trade me this for my Fender US Highway 1 Strat. Anybody know what it is? Worth it?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank-o [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Anybody know what this is?

I'll take a shot: a green Dinky Reverse?
    Maybe a DR3 or DR5?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Some kind of Dinky Reverse. I've never seen a Jackson in that color green before, but it's pretty cool.
      Not a DR3, as those had reverse sharkfin inlays and the three-way toggle switch instead of the blade.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

PS4 neck on Dinky Reverse body? It looks like a PS4 except for no middle single coil. And didn't the original DRs have Professional on the headstock? Whatever it is, I think it looks cool, but is it worth a US Fender?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Well the pickups looka little close to me. (could be just thr slime green throwing me off)
          Bu titlooks like a Fusion body with a Dinky Reverse neck. Which would make it a ***** to intonate since the scale lenghts are different.
          I don;t recall any Performer series Fusions, or Fusions with a reverse headstock for that matter.
          So VitG could be right thats it's a PS4 neck on
          what could be a dinly reverse body. But this body does have the scallop at the treble side cutaway.
          Gil

Comment

Fusion HH body with a Dinky neck [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] - not worth a USA Fender.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Serial Number is 1012851. Thanks for the help. Still haven't decided yet. What do you all figure this is worth?

Comment

Toejam I know not all the guitars with the scalloped cutaway afr fusions. It was just a considerationa cuz nobody had brought it up yet.
                I have seen stranger things. Like a 24 fret Ibanez RG neck on a bolt on LP copy body. (it just looked wrong nopt to mention it being an intonatin nightmare). A guy came in to work today with a S470QM body and a MM Axis neck on it. It just didnt play right not to mention was to narrow for the neck pocket so he shimmed it.
                It would even intonate. A couple of the strings were flat and the saddle were all the way forward. Icky bad and a waiste of a good neck.
                What is it worth? whatever your willing to pay for it. Street value on that would be about 250-350.00. The neck is Korean or at least the neck plate is. (seriel #'s that start with 10 on imports are Korean made)Also wider 12th fret dots is a good indicator too. The body is probably Japanese form an older Pro series dinky that busted its neck or something. But should still play pretty well.
                Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                  a PS4 neck on
                  what could be a dinly reverse body. But this body does have the scallop at the treble side cutaway.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeez, when will people learn that that scallop is not just on Fusions?!? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Every Dinky I've ever had has that scalloped cutaway.

Anyway, those PS-4 Performer necks are fine, as I've got one slapped on my Warrior MG body. The neck feels like all the Professional necks I've ever had.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X