Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bastard "V" should it be?? PICS INSIDE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which bastard "V" should it be?? PICS INSIDE!

chrome baby...looks great man and i like the pickup thing.....diffrent
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Like the black better.
      Can't abide by chrome keys on a Jackson.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I like the first one better... Black keys w/alumi bezel would look sweet w/out that chrome thing on the pickup. What the heck is that thing, anyway?

Comment

The guitar looks very cool, but the chrome thing in the Pups make'em look even more wrong. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The black bezel looks slightly twisted. I think with the silver stripes and the chrome Floyd, chrome tuners and bexel look better. The pickup ring itself though, reminds me of Electra guitars and is a bit cheesy. I like some old Electras, but would tend to change the pickup just because they looked like something off a CHEAP Japanese guitar from the era. I would go for a complete pickup cover over that ring, but a plain open-cover pickup looks best - unless the pickup route is bad, and visible, somehow?

I think it looks great, but that's all I dislike about it.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dave:
              The first pic(no that's not my "walker" in the pic Scott!!) was how it used to look with the black keys and black P'UP bezel.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Coulda fooled me, my grandma has one just like it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The chrome keys look cool and I like the trim ring on the pickup. Nice job, bro! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re: Which bastard &quot;V&quot; should it be?? PICS INSIDE!

if you ever want to sell that bad boy. in teh next couple years. contact me! that is so fuckin awesome.

Comment

I really like the chrome pup bezel, gives it a very unique look. I also like the chrome tuners but that's just me. I think the only color guitar that looks good with chrome hardware is black. It sucks on everything else.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

That Kelly on the floor sure looks strangely familiar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I can't wait to see it all put together,the binding really looks sweet!

I think the Avenger looks great.....question...did you have to elongate the neck pocket for that neck?I really dig the cutout for the upper frets!

Great job [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the work you do. I don't like the look of that pickup though.

What did you use to strip the paint off? Did you just sand it? I have an Ibenhad 7string, I want to strip the body of the paint, let me know what you used.

Anyway looks good, and I like the approach to the Rhoads.

Comment

The chrome "thingy", thats the technical term for it by the way, looked ok the way it was before. But now with the chrome bezel on it I think its too much. I would keep the bezel and lose the "thingy"! But thats JMO. Nice guitar though! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Evol:
                          [QB] That Kelly on the floor sure looks strangely familiar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I can't wait to see it all put together,the binding really looks sweet!"

Cause it looks like mine?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Here's the PS6T I got from Tekky but I put a DK2 neck on it. Makes an awesome looking axe!!
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You answered the age old mystery of why pointy headstocks get chipped....they're sometimes used as pool cues [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey thanks for all the input fellers! I think I'm liking her more and more just the way she is at this point.
                              Rich: not sure what you mean about the black bezel looking "twisted". It may just be the pic as the route is fine and I actually like the chrome retainer on the pickup. Obviously to each his own. I think it may go back to my younger days when the more chrome you could put on a car, the better [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks again for the words everyone, even you Scott...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dave->
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Evol: Yes, I did route the neck pocket closer to the bridge to be able to locate it correctly. And yes that is that familiar body. I finally got the neck I wanted and it is going together slowly but surely [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Deneb: actually the original paint was just scuffed a bit and it made a great "base" for the paint. You don't always have to totaly strip a guitar to give it a repaint [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

skarhead: I'll try and get you a pic of the neck reroute for ya, just shoot me an email to remind bro!

Thanks again fellers!!

Dave->
                                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X