RR5 headstock/neck binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 headstock/neck binding

I was wondering if any of you would know if it was possible to put headstock and/or neck binding on a RR5. I know that you can't order one that way since it's a japan model but I was wondering if a guitar luthier might be able to do it and approximate cost.

Re: RR5 headstock/neck binding

yes it can be done, but you have to do a refret, and at least a partial refin. if you want binding over frets, that's more, too. it can be done, but it's not the most cost effective thing in the world; by the time you're done, you'll have spent usa select money, easy. most rr5s are around 8-900, and doing the refret, binding, and paint work would probably run in the $500 neighborhood...

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks sully! I was afraid that it'd be too expensive. I guess it'd be better going for an RR1T and just ad the gold hardware. Thanks again.

Comment

You'll get a better guitar with the RR1T as well...don't get me wrong, the RR5 is a great guitar any way you slice it, but the RR1T is it, man.

Comment

Or if you're a cheapskate, just get the RR5 and some automotive striping! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Like in here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=3;t=000569
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I support the automotive tape binding as well. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Then you can put some clearcoat over it and nobody would be able to tell that it's not real binding, provided that you did a great job with the taping process. It's worth a shot! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X