Randy Rhoads Star Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy Rhoads Star Ceremony

Unbelievable....I thought they were meant to honor him, the people who made that plaque probably never heard of him before.
    That's like having your name misspelt on your tombstone, what a total fucking disgrace!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

What the fuck was zakk doing just standing there? I wish it was Ron standing there instead, then I'd know there would be some serious ass-kicking!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here's a slightly different pic from norwegian news: "Ozzy pays tribute to dead friend"

Look at Yngwie's head, it's even bigger than Zakk's pumped up biceps! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

It is a typical case of Sharon Osborne marketing. This event unfortunately would never have gotten the exposure it is getting if his name was spelled correctly. She was probably selling books there. It is a travesty unless of course Randy's name is actually spelled that way and was changed when he became famous. just kiddin bros..

Comment

...how does this have anything to do with sharon? i think i've missed something.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think all bad things in the world stem from Sharon Osbourne. Sort of a global form of bad kharma. I say we petition to have her removed from music totally. Hehehe, just kidding.

Actually I was impressed with everyone in the pictures, it would take alot of self control not to freak out in that situation. I am sure the plaque will be fixed, but it's nice to see that people put their emotions aside and concentrate on honoring a gifted musician instead.

Chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

132 images of the induction

66 images of the induction

48 images of the induction

More images

shred

[ March 21, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

I have to agree that the name being spelled wrong must have been a publicity stunt by the Osbournes. That level of stupidity couldn't possibly have gotten past everyone involved.

If so, is it all bad? What else could have gotten Randy splashed all over the mainstream news these days?
              This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I kinda think they just fucked up. A marketing ploy seems a bit of a stretch for some reason. Why was Yngwie there? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have like Kevin DuBrow, George Lynch, Don Airey, Tommy Aldridge and so on??

Comment

well, since rhodes is the most common spelling, i'm sure it's just a mistake that will be corrected. i highly doubt that any other conspiracy exists...that's more than a bit farfetched.

agreed that it's odd that yngwie was there; perhaps there was an all-you-can-eat buffet after the ceremony? i read on the rr board that kevin wasn't invited.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

They "Fender-ized" his name - I guess the naysayers were right! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

McD
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Zakk was there??

Randy's little old mom: My son was a wonderful guitarist.

Zakk: no shit unlike these fucking shit pussies who play now who can't fucking play shit on their fucking guitars the fucking pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
                          They "Fender-ized" his name - I guess the naysayers were right! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

McD
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You know,it still was a beautiful thing to do for Randy no matter if they screwed up his name or not...you would think however that SOMEONE would have looked at the thing first to make sure it was correct before unveiling it and I'm kinda glad I didn't see that while I was there.

Sorry I couldn't get better pics but if you see the mob of a crowd you can understand why :

Some dude giving the international sign of metal to Delores [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Consider the possibility that Yngwie may have RESPECT for Randy Rhoads and his musical legacy? Sure, he knocks a lot of players but he also gives credit where it's due. I'd imagine he'd appreciate the uniquness of Randy's writing and playing.

The misspelling is pathetic and someone's head should roll for letting that make it to the ceremony.

Come to think of it, as often as his name IS misspelled, someone should have been appointed specifically to make sure that it DIDN'T happen here!
                                [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ March 20, 2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X