Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy Rhoads Star Ceremony

Originally posted by Evol:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jeremy:
    Wow Malmsteen sure is fat in those pictures.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yah,I could see him from the side and he has like 3 chins [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I just saw him play a couple of years ago and he didn't look anything like the blob he looked like today. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> its Elvis Malmsteen,,,or is it Yngwie Presley? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] i still dig the hell out of him but i just cant resist it,and is it me or is he starting to look like FAT Elvis before he died [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    orig. posted by
    RacerX
    JCF Member
    Member # 103
    posted 03-18-2004 10:53 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am SO PISSED OFF I can't even concentrate on posting!!!
    MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    --------------------
    I predict: ZERO BIDS!
    thats why i haven't commented till now ....the fucking nerve the bastards!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    FOREVER IN AWE OF RANDY...
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

We'll fellow JCF'ers. I was able to get VIP passes to the ceremony. I will give details and get pictures posted as soon as possible. All I can say for now is WOW!! Also, my band mates purchased a RR1 (black with gold pin strips) that was used as a backdrop for the ceremony inside the store for me for my birthday. What a trip.
      1990 Jackson Professional
      1992 Dean ML
      2004 Epiphone Flying V
      2005 Epiphone Dot
      2009 Fender Stratocaster
      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
      2006 Fender P Bass
      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
      Custom Pedalboard
      ADA MP1
      ADA FX2
      Tascam 2488

Comment

Yngwie definitely has an Elvis look in that pick. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Think about what a skinny guy he was back in the Alcatrazz days...

Comment

Here it goes. I arrived at the guitar center and parked in the back. Me and my friends were just hanging out inside the store for a while checking everything out. They had set up a table with a nice plaque, in front of a couple of Marshall stacks. There was a creamed colored Les Paul Custom and the RR1 which I now own hanging off of the Marshall's. After a while inside the store, we went out back to have a smoke. We had the luck of meeting the head of security. His name was Joe. We were on our best behavior and were just hanging out. We asked Joe if he would be able to get us VIP passes so that we could go inside and hang out. He was such a cool guy, and he arranged for us to go inside. While we were still out back, Yngwie showed up. My 1st thought was, man he really has the Elvis thing going on. His gut was hanging out and he seemed to be kind of proud of it. I'll leave it that that. He was actually very kool. I was prepared to be not impressed with him, as I have read about his ego. But he was very nice and was polite. Then Rudy Sarzo showed up. Ive met him a couple of times prior to this, and he was also very nice. I found out that he's touring with Yngwie now. He said that each night is like a lesson. He seemed to be alittle rattled by the fact that he's playing with him now, but still confident. Then Zakk showed up. Man I gotta tell you, Zakk is very kool. He was outgoing and very friendly. His actions really changed my view of him. A real class act. Then Johhny 5 showed up. He was pretty quiet, but seemed very happy to be there. I did not get the chance to speak with him. Then Lemmy, Mrs. Rhoads and family, and other notables started to show up. Ozzy and Sharon finally showed up. I guess that Sharon was rushing there appearence due to the taping of her show, which I thought was kind of LAME. Joe the head of security filled me in on that one. Inside the store was really exciting, and was really just a social gathering. Nothing happened inside the store at all, except for eating, drinking, and talking. I missed my chance to talk with Mrs.Rhoads, and for that my trip seems alittle unfulfilled. I figured I would meet her at Mountain View, but when I got there, she was not there. I did talk to Randy's brother alittle bit, and he's pretty kool. They are going to redo the plaque of Randy with the correct spelling. That's pretty much what went on. One of my friends went out front and gave a bunch of Guitar picks to the people standing out front. They were nice picks that were printed with the ceremony type stuff on them. I'm sorry I did not meet any of my JCF brothers while I was there. But we were represented there for sure!
          1990 Jackson Professional
          1992 Dean ML
          2004 Epiphone Flying V
          2005 Epiphone Dot
          2009 Fender Stratocaster
          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
          2006 Fender P Bass
          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
          Custom Pedalboard
          ADA MP1
          ADA FX2
          Tascam 2488

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the James Earl Jones Plaque I think this is simply an accident with James Earl Jones one I think was purposeful.

James Earl Jones

This with Randy's name is inexcusable but I don't think it was malicious
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=2904

Pics
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
                http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=2904

Pics
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reading that article I HIGHLY doubt there were 3-400 people there...at least it certainly didn't seem like that many!

Comment

Naw, it was closer to 200.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Unless you count the workers in the store and the cops and security AND the media...the passers-by and maybe the guy that fell off the ladder [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] then you might get close to 300.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Man, that dude falling off the ladder just made your day, huh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Man, that dude falling off the ladder just made your day, huh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah! But I would have missed it had I not turned to see where you took off to....I spun around just in time to catch him go all the way down! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's the ladder in question and the poor guys' replacement :

I still can't believe he fell all that way to the ground with his arms flailing and doing cartwheels while trying to grab onto the ladder and went splat then got back up! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hahahaha! You posted that pic! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

So Ron, the compulsive arse-kicker, suddenly takes off and this poor guy is mysteriously knocked off his ladder...? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

It was probably GC that fucked that up... Who knows, but leave it to a bunch of morons! I certainly wouldn't put it past them!

Pat

Comment

Sorry if this was posted already, but if you go to the rr club, there's a picture of a polka dot rr made from flowers.

http://www.rrclub.com/rr/2004/e/e_floral_tribute.html

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X