Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Randy Rhoads Star Ceremony

Originally posted by PaddoK:
    I have a final that day, at 11 AM. Booo [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Time has been bumped back to 1 PM. Can you make it then?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Someone who goes should vid tape it and put it somewhere for downloading,or at the very least take a few pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jem777LNG:
        Someone who goes should vid tape it and put it somewhere for downloading,or at the very least take a few pics.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll be there taking pics,and we're trying to get maybe a couple of group shots too if some people from here go.

Comment

After the ceremony, lets meet by the Jackson/Charvel guitars inside the guitar center(if they have any).
          1990 Jackson Professional
          1992 Dean ML
          2004 Epiphone Flying V
          2005 Epiphone Dot
          2009 Fender Stratocaster
          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
          2006 Fender P Bass
          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
          Custom Pedalboard
          ADA MP1
          ADA FX2
          Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by DJROBA:
            After the ceremony, lets meet by the Jackson/Charvel guitars inside the guitar center(if they have any).
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do have some Jacksons there,sounds like a good place to meet.......now all we need is some secret handshake or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, maybe Fender will show up with a replica of the first Jackson ever made. You know, the black one..........

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DJROBA:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do have some Jacksons there,sounds like a good place to meet.......now all we need is some secret handshake or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I think we should all meet before the ceremony. Yes, I am going...I've put off looking for a job so I could be there!

So, confirmed JCFers:

Evol
                DJROBA
                jhale667
                NorthernComfort
                RacerX

I don't think I've ever met any of you guys. It's gonna be a madhouse there, I'm sure. We should gather somewhere nearby...maybe you guys can all look for me...cuz I'm big and you know what I look like!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang:
                  is that the ceremony where the hand print of the inductee is pressed into cement and then paved on to the sidewalk?

How do they get Randy's hand print then? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Different thing. This is just a tile with a star in it. In the center of the tile is the person's name and a symbol for what they did/do.

Comment

Actually, I think we should all meet before the ceremony. Yes, I am going...I've put off looking for a job so I could be there!

So, confirmed JCFers:

Evol
                    DJROBA
                    jhale667
                    NorthernComfort
                    RacerX

I don't think I've ever met any of you guys. It's gonna be a madhouse there, I'm sure. We should gather somewhere nearby...maybe you guys can all look for me...cuz I'm big and you know what I look like!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yah hooking up before the ceremony starts is a good idea...what time and where?

Comment

You guys know of course, that we are going to need a BUNCH of pics right?

Comment

Well. It's time to sign off from work and from the JCF for 3 days, as I go home and pack for my trip to California. I'm looking forward to meeting
                        Evol
                        jhale667
                        NorthernComfort
                        RacerX
                        Peace, and I will report the trip when I return!!!
                        1990 Jackson Professional
                        1992 Dean ML
                        2004 Epiphone Flying V
                        2005 Epiphone Dot
                        2009 Fender Stratocaster
                        2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                        2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                        2006 Fender P Bass
                        2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                        1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                        1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                        Custom Pedalboard
                        ADA MP1
                        ADA FX2
                        Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
                          Yah hooking up before the ceremony starts is a good idea...what time and where?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it looks like you've been there more often than I have! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm arriving on my Suzuki Hayabusa and will be wearing black jeans/boots/jacket. The bike is blue with a silver tank. I'll park it as close as I can 'round 12 or 12:30. I guess look for it at the curb, unless it gets too hot I'll be near it...you can't miss us! ...I don't know about hanging out in the store before - like I say it'll probably be a madhouse...and frickin' noisy!

Comment

Real quick note on the ceremony...
                            Only person I knew from here that I could find was RacerX....they wouldn't let anyone in the store so sorry to all the other guys who we couldn't find.

Here's the people who spoke or were present during the ceremony :

Ozzy and Sharon
                            Delores Rhoads
                            Zakk Wylde
                            Lemmy
                            Yngwie
                            Rudy Sarzo
                            Frankie Banalli (sp?)

And a few others that either I don't know who they are or didn't pay close enough attention [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We took some pics but due to the mob of a crowd I'm not sure how they came out,I'll look through mine tonight and post any that are worthy.

Oh,and did anyone that went see the guy fall off the ladder across the street and possibly get a pic or something??? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            He got back up and didn't look to be hurt according to one of the cops there,but still it was a HELL of a fall.

Comment

I can't believe they mispelled his name on the plaque. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/...&c=news_photos

Comment

Originally posted by rrudy:
                                I can't believe they mispelled his name on the plaque. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/...&c=news_photos
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Grrrrrr!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Those fuckers,I couldn't even see it from my angle......how lame can you be to screw THAT up? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X