Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just some observations

Bretfucious say:

He who use fortune cookie pick have crumby guitar!
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

i dont understand how something that was brought up to start a simple discussion turned into me being insulted. At no time did i say a negative thing about Jackson guitars but only wanted to get people thinking and talking some about the whole hostory and evolution of guitars and simply to say that the designs that are there today are being copied and refined and that is what makes guitars so great, that the Fender strat could evolve into the Soloist and dinkys that are out there.. Sure they are different but the strat was the starting point hats off to Jackson for making them better and smaller and lighter than Fender did and revolutionizing the design with neck through construction.

Hats off to Jackson for taking the Gibson explorer's basic shape and actually making a playable guitar from it that is lighter and has a far better neck on it for a lot less money.

But as Jackson players instead of griping abut the copies it should make us proud to know that other companies see the need to copy or try to improve on Jackson designs! It says that Jackson has been and continues to do things right and these other companies are trying to catch up to that.

Jackson players should not be offended that Jackson designs are now being copied they should be happy to know that they were on the ground floor so to speak and that the world is starting to see what those of us that have played Jackson for years already know... That Jackson took the designs of our fathers and made them unique and better than those early pioneering designs and that is what has kept Jackson around for so long and will keep it around.

Let ESP copy the designs of Jackson in the end it will only make Jackson better because to survive they too will make better and better guitars to meet the needs of those that have been with them.

All I ask is that instead of name calling and belittling a person for saying what they think or observe talk openly about the topic and leave it at that the passion on this board is great but the number of posts or tenure on the board should not be how a person is judged or treated. My intent was not to make people mad but to get us to think about the entire picture. And simply to see that innovation comes with change and the simple alteration of existing designs sometimes it may not look the same or be the same in most ways but in some simple way with some exceptions other designs have been altered it isnt wrong it isnt selling out it is simply taking a good idea and making it great and is that not what Jackson has been doing?

Jackson guitars are leaving a legacy and making a place in the history of music so yes they will be copied and if a person is willing to pay ESP prices for a copy that is up to them. And Jackson will in time make a better or newer design to keep the Jackson family happy and to raise the bar for those other Companies that are out there to step up again.

That was my point not to belittle or diminish what Jackson or its players have done but to get us to think about from what we came. It used to be a Les Paul and Strat world with a few odd balls out there now we can play the best and most innovative designs at near entry level prices and that is a wonderful thing now is it not?

Thank you and i hope this clears up my original intent

Comment

And yes i know i spelled HISTORY wrong it has been a long day

Comment

Originally posted by slo100:
          Bretfucious say:

He who use fortune cookie pick have crumby guitar!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, budfuscious say:

He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with smelly finga............. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
          X