Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson is shagged :(

Not fair, my Jackson is being a funt.

Now I have a replacement JT580 on the way (been 8 weeks and still no word from the european end of FMIC [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ) So thats going to be fitted soon.

At the moment I need a new nut and locking bits, as the strings have indented themselves in them (after 9 months!) and on a side note, I wouldn't mind knowing where I can get that and some Dimarzios for cheap in the UK.

Any help would be really nice....

Andy!

Re: My Jackson is shagged

Didn't know shagging your guitars would cause so much damage [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Try out www.coda-music.com

They sell dimarzio's for around £65 and they ship any where in the country i think.

Also as for the new nuts etc maybe you should look into getting locking nuts etc from Fender distributors (sp?). It only took me around 3 days to get an Original Floyd Rose from them.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Well my local is a Fender dealer and I ordered it from them just before Xmas and it still aint here [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Some companies are being arseholes lately and seem to be way behind with orders. For example, my drummer ordered a drum hoop from Tama about 6 months ago, she was told it would take 4 weeks. She finally got it but it was in a wrong colour so, she had to go to london to pick up one. So something must be wrong with distribution.

I think the best thing to do is keep on bugging your dealer about it, they'll get their arse's moving if you complain alot [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Nah it aint my dealer, they are cool, it's just that BLOODY FMIC NEVER HAS IT'S ARSE IN GEAR FOR THE UK!

Andy!

Comment

Ahh aren't we brits unlucky with parts etc. My KV2 has gone to Fender Service to be fixed....found a huge crack down the neck under the truss road. Still under warranty tho. But I dont expect to see that for an age or two.

As for pickups I always buy my pickups from KGB MUSIC I have always had very good prices and excellent service. I have bought 5 DiMarzio's from there all arrived very quickly and cheaply.

Comment

At least FMIC stepped up to the plate, and is fixing yours.

Comment

There's absolutely no valid reason for you guys to be having trouble like that.

I mean, seriously, how much physical labor is involved in putting a tremolo in a box and taking it to the Post Office? Or maybe they're waiting till the entire UK dealers' have a large enough order that they can ship cheaply. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

It's a little more expensive than the 580, but if you can find a Schaller Floyd over there, you might wanna go with that, as it's an exact fit and a better unit.

As for Jeremy's KV2 - when did you send it?

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, trying to find a Schaller Floyd would be a whole different story [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I left it in the care of the dealers last week. And when I asked how long it would be they all chuckled and told me not to hold my breath........seems Fender over here isn't the force it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by mupps:
                      Newc, trying to find a Schaller Floyd would be a whole different story [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">finding one of those can be a pain in the ass as well. I waited 3 bloody months for it and finally they sayd it would take at least another one. I then said they could stick it up and I went to find another one, what actually also not that easy was.

All the distributionchannels in europe suck, whether it is a european co or elsewhere positioned.

Harrald

Comment

I imagine anywhere out of the US it must be a ***** to find those Schaller floyds. I shipped one from here to Italy.

Comment

I`ll get you Schaller Floyds if you want them. I`ve got enough parts to make a couple in my Spares box (All new as I try to stock as much as I can get which can be a pain!!) Please e-mail me at [email protected] (work e-mail) or call me on (023) 9282 6466 (PJ`s Guitar Centre, Southsea. Hants) and I`ll try to sort something out. Also, I`ll do Di Marzio`s (or Duncan`s) at £65 each (depending on the model of course).
                          Cheers

Comment

I'm in the UK too and there's a guy I know who will be doing things like that at good prices in the near future. He deals a bit as well (www.privategeetar.com)...
                            Of course, Schaller floyds do come up on eBay every now and again!
                            Cheers
                            Ian
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I order my schaller floyds at www.rockinger.de (germany) and they get to me (in the netherlands) in 2 days (cost approx in british pounds is 114,00 for a chrome one)

Comment

Working...
                              X