USA Charvel Neck thru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Charvel Neck thru?

Who knows this one? Will Charvel ever make another neck thru? And did Charvel make a USA neck thru?

Re: USA Charvel Neck thru?

Charvel has never made a USA neckthrough, to the best of my knowledge. You always could, and still can get a Custom Shop Jackson neckthrough with a Charvel logo. There are a couple of oddball San Dimas Charvel neckthroughs, like the Vic Vergat V's and a handful of others, but never a production USA neckthrough. It was an option on the early Charvel price lists, so there may be a few more that haven't seen the light of day yet...Plenty of Jap Model Series Charvels, though, and they were pretty decent axes.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
      Who knows this one? Will Charvel ever make another neck thru? And did Charvel make a USA neck thru?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's easy! They'll make 'em (and have made 'em) through the Custom Shop! Just specify neck through with a Charvel logo.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep, I posted the same time Metalcop did...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I knew I get an answer fast. I figured you could do the custom shop thing just didnt know if they made a production piece. Oh and yeah I know the jap model were good, I've got a model 6. Great neck!! Thanks guys! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

If you are ever in Los Angeles you can go to the Hard Rock Cafe and see a neck-through Charvel. It is/was Amir Derakh's. Someone should check the serial number of that guitar, it'd be interesting to know if it is a J#.

Neck-through construction was an option early San Dimas Charvel pricelists.

Custom Shop (ideally) means you get what you want so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that there are neck-through Charvels around. The Vic Vergat V's are a good example but I am even considering later models with logos.

The question then arises over the semantics and if a guitar is considered a particular brand name based on the logo on the headstock or the name of the company that manufactured it. Is Amir's guitar a Charvel neck-through or a Jackson with a Charvel logo? This leads to the age-old debate of whether the earliest Jackson logoed guitars were technically Charvels (as RR often referred the them as) or distinctly "Jackson" guitars.

I don't know of any but what if someone ordered an RR in 1983 and specified a Charvel logo to be used? What would that be?

Up until early 1986 every guitar that came out of the factory was built by "Charvel Mfg." Some had Charvel logos, some had Jackson logos. Grover slowly killed off the Charvel brand name as the Jackson brand and image took on a life of its own as the company morphed into "Jackson Guitars." It is a fascinating corporate history, really.

You make the call.
            www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
            X