Need serial info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need serial info

I just ran across a Charvel neck thru at a local shop. I am trying to negotiate a deal right now and I need to find out some things. Ser. no. C42018 orC40218, active Jackson pups, Jackson trem, on/off switch for each pickup, rosewood board with fins, and a crackle finish that I haven't seen before. It seems to be a black guitar with red crackles. Can anyone get me an idea what model it is? The guy is asking $650 for it.

Re: Need serial info

Japanese-made Model 6 I think. May be a Model 5 (or were the 6's the only ones with fins?)

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you sir for your swift reply!!!

Comment

IIRC Model 6 has fins and the Model 5 variants have dots.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

On/Off switches for each pickup + neck-thru = Model 6
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Sounds just like my model 6.....

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQBEA2IVkPYkg1BN85pUXum*NUyPJ4WRbWMev5uKB1GF2SPIp eureu7TidEGH9td2IFudGuqg!ebCbRtYSFTMVR!tc5YyTVu60e GO6HahXM/jax.jpg?dc=4675380813241063557[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

damn dave, that's sweet! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

That picture is close, but there is a lot more yellow in the cracks of the one I'm trying to buy, and the pattern is more random. I would consider the pattern on yours to be much better looking, but basically the same thing. I played it in the store and it gave me goosebumps. It feels and acts like my SL2, but the active pickups give it a different sound. I believe I will get rid of two Epi's in trade for this baby. So does it sound like a good deal?

Comment

I saw one on eBay yesterday at $350. It looked like it was in very good condition but it was just red. Looks just like mine except I have 3 or 4 chips in mine and a Kahler instead of the Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                  X