Ok I know, I'm dumb! But......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok I know, I\'m dumb! But......

Actually it means Nitrous Oxide System. Not being a jerk, just trying to help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I was about to say that, Budman [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I was wondering how everyone got "NOS" out of "N O2" (the correct term for Nitrous Oxide) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, now that the acronym NOS has lost all meaning... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Budman is correct it a name of a company Nitrous Oxide Systems.It seems that only the kids that are into the import car scene pronounce is NAWWS(nos). Thanks in part to the fast and the furious movies.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

to further add to the analness and over-defining going on here, it's actually N2O, Newc [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(NO2 is nitrogen dioxide, different stuff)

Comment

Actually the stuff gear heads (like me) and others are refering to should not actually be said as a word 'noss' it is just an acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems Inc. So all the little ricers got a little confused and now everybody says it wrong. N.O.S.
              Or on my dads old truck it means Needs Oil Soon. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey RacerX,

Never changing incorrect sig line.. absolutely Goddamn Never!!!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

New old stock is an oxymoron.

how can something be old and new at the same time?

Comment

Gilbert read the thread...it's old in the sense that it was made a while back, but new in the sense that no one has owned it really.

Comment

Working...
                    X