Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They told me they were getting in Jacksons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They told me they were getting in Jacksons.....

A local music store (Alamo Music Center) told me a year ago that, because of the Fender-buyout, they'd be getting in Jacksons since they already carry Fender. I was there yesterday, and no Jacksons. They got ESP instead. I asked what happened to the Jacksons, and no one would give me an answer. They did act like used car salemen with trying to get me to buy an LTD, bragging about the # of famous people wo play them.

I think that sucks. Not only is ESP out to take Jackson's endorsees, they're apparently out to take their points of retail too.

Re: They told me they were getting in Jacksons.....

Well,that's why they stole Jackson endorsers!

Comment

I was at a local GC here in Jersey yesterday and the Jackson section is getting smaller. It is getting squeezed out between the Ibeenhads and BCR's. Also, NO USA Jacksons, just a few imports. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah, the MF catalog has been going that way for years. Ten years ago they had a couple of pages of USA Jacksons. Now it's a miracle if they have one. One model, not one page.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

When Fender bought Jackson a lot of Fender dealers automatically assumed they would get the Jackson line. Those dealers didn't realize that Jackson already had a fully established dealer network that Fender planned to keep in place. I had a similar situation in the Boston area, we had been the Jackson dealer in the area for over 10 years, but when the buyout happened some of the Fender dealers in the area started telling their customers that they would soon be selling Jacksons. Luckily FMIC was pretty good about protecting the pre-existing Jackson dealers.

Matt
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

But they killed the existing european distribution, right?

Because in Europe nothing seems to work right now... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

they sort of killed the existing distro in europe and are reorganising the whole thing to be distributed by fender europe. As a result of this no one has a clue about what's going on with the products... my dealer has a huge list of backorders (not just jackson, but even fenders,guild etc)of where he had to go Düsseldorf to find out himself [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] And still he didn't get a sufficient answer about all [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats whats also happened at a couple of shops near where I live. Sounded real excited about a year ago and now it really is ESP after ESP and the salesman who is a sorta friend now still talks to me like a salesman about them. Its pretty dull.

"Hey you have the KV2 dont you, well check this out a LTD DV8 even better then your Jackson and half the price!"
                [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

However Jackson/Fender should look at ESP at how they manage to get 15-20 guitars in the shop floor, I cant deny thats pretty cool. Whats crazy is there is also 30+ fenders in there. But 0 Jacksons a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:

Because in Europe nothing seems to work right now... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In France, the situation looks better for all imports models, but concerning the USA select : what a pain in the ass to get what you want! The Jackson rep refused to take my order (that's why I ordered thru Matt's music), and I know a guy who ordered a WR1 on 18th february 2003, and he still doesn't get it!

I thought that the situation was better in Germany. On thomann website, I saw some beautiful USA Jacksons that are less expensive than in France (200 to 300€ less). The shittiest thing that Fender do is setting the prices (I don't know if it's the same for other european countries). The dealers have to sell the guitars the catalog price, or they will lose the distribution of FMIC products if they do a discount! It's such an heresy in the capitalist world!
                  What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

The dealers have to sell the guitars the catalog price, or they will lose the distribution of FMIC products if they do a discount! It's such an heresy in the capitalist world!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats almost certainly a lie. Any dealer that says that is pulling your leg probably because the mark up isn't that great.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought that the situation was better in Germany. On thomann website, I saw some beautiful USA Jacksons that are less expensive than in France (200 to 300€ less). </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure about Thomann... there are several german online stores that seem to still have USA Jacksons in stock, but I bet those are leftovers. Musicstore Koeln also lists lots of USA models that aren't in stock... most certainly you would have to wait months or years if you ordered one of them right now. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> The dealers have to sell the guitars the catalog price, or they will lose the distribution of FMIC products if they do a discount! It's such an heresy in the capitalist world!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats almost certainly a lie. Any dealer that says that is pulling your leg probably because the mark up isn't that great. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They don't have to sell at catalog prices, they just have to advertise at catalog prices. You can still ask for a discount, and if your dealer is honest (and a good guy) he will certainly give you one without hesitating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> The dealers have to sell the guitars the catalog price, or they will lose the distribution of FMIC products if they do a discount! It's such an heresy in the capitalist world!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats almost certainly a lie. Any dealer that says that is pulling your leg probably because the mark up isn't that great. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you think I'm a liar [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ! You can contact every shop (and I contacted at least 20, including the biggest shop in Paris that make the best prices) that carry the Jackson line and ask for the price for a new model (not one that the shop had in stock before the Fender buy out), and they will all tell you the same thing.

As unbelievable as it is, it's true.
                          What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                            They don't have to sell at catalog prices, they just have to advertise at catalog prices. You can still ask for a discount, and if your dealer is honest (and a good guy) he will certainly give you one without hesitating.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According to my experience here in Sweden, they almost become offended if you ask for a better price. Over here it's list price you'll have to pay, or be told to take a hike.

'bane

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Sunbane:
                              According to my experience here in Sweden, they almost become offended if you ask for a better price. Over here it's list price you'll have to pay, or be told to take a hike.

'bane
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow,this sucks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X