Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They told me they were getting in Jacksons.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They told me they were getting in Jacksons.....

Originally posted by SLY:

I thought that the situation was better in Germany. On thomann website, I saw some beautiful USA Jacksons that are less expensive than in France (200 to 300€ less).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey sly,
    i live in germany and i went to thomann a few weeks ago.
    shit man, he has no highend jacksons in his store! only two RX10D and a X-series Kelly, that´s it!
    no US jacksons or anything else. and if they would have one, you couldn´t play it, because all the expensive instruments are in an seperat room and entering is only allowed with a salesmann!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    his onlinestore is amazing, but he must order nearly every highend guitar if you want to buy one.
    if you want IBZ or LTD/ESP than you´ll get it quickly, because his store is full with those guitars.

i hate thomann! he dumps the prices for all the dealers here! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

i prefer the musikhalle in nuremberg (nürnberg), they can make nearly the same price, have competent salesmann (how tell you no lies), you can test any guitar which is in the store, no matter how expensive they are and of cause they can order everything you want to buy!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by joe web:
      and if they would have one, you couldn´t play it, because all the expensive instruments are in an seperat room and entering is only allowed with a salesmann!!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like a german equivalent to Ed Roman? =P
      Thomann - Roman...distant relative maybe? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

LMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, as I said before, I've never dealt with Thomann, and probably never will... not as long as No.1 in Hamburg is still alive. THEY give me discounts on Jackson stuff, even now. (Or better said, they would if the Fender's distribution in Europe worked).
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I've noticed it too. My local GC has like 5 jacksons(all imports). They used to have an equal section of jacksons as the Ibanez and BC Rich's had but now the Ibanez section for some reason is taking up most of the Jackson section.

I don't understand why and I'm saddened by it.

Comment

Yeah, the takeover more or less destroyed Jackson availability in Germany, and I´m assuming in the rest of Europe as well.

As Far as Thomann: Thomann, Musicstore and Musik Produktiv are more or less our MusiciansFriend and GCs. IMO it´s your own fault if you buy anything there in the first place, for the same reasons many US guys refuse to buy something in GC.

As far as actually ACQUIRING Jacksons in Europe: I haven´t bought a guitar "in Germany" in at least 5 years, Stateside I almost always have: Better Service, Better Prices (even with customs charges), better selection and shipping goes only 2-3 days longer. IMO, if you buy it from a european dealer you have only yourself to blame. Only exception is that you are holding the guitar in your hands and can take it out the door with you.

Or eBay [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I hate to say it, but even though we have one of the fattest "rock geared" music Stores for quite a ways (DDD-Music Freiburg), I still only buy str´trings, picks and the occasional strap there. 1000 € for an NOS DR-7T is a bit steep IMO, I can get a used Soloist for that [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

This is a question for anybody who works in a music store.
              I know that in the food industry a manufacturer pays a chain a fee to have them placed on the good shelves. Does that happen everywhere?
              Perhaps esp/ibanez just pay more to be displayed?
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The availability is ok here in Scotland [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] My local music shop in Inverness has just got a load of new Jackders in stock. But to be honest who wants a Jackder? not me

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernComfort:
                  My local GC has like 5 jacksons(all imports). They used to have an equal section of jacksons as the Ibanez and BC Rich's had but now the Ibanez section for some reason is taking up most of the Jackson section.

I don't understand why and I'm saddened by it.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The unfortunate reality is that GC sells way more Ibanez' than Jacksons. That's just the way the market is right now. From their POV, it's "Why take up valuable wall space if they don't sell?"
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Anyone who works in any type of retail can tell you that certain vendors get "priority" over others. Plus, Ibanez has like 8000 different models of imported, inexpensive guitars, which any kid who listens to KORN(which is pretty much all of them) will want to buy to just have the Ibanez name. ANd let's face it, those of us who have been playing a while know better than to walk in and buy a guitar off the rack that every jerk in a 100 mile radius has laid his grubbies on. Places like GC probably make 50 times more cash selling $300 dollar Ibanezes to kids starting out, than $500-$1000 Jacksons. When they move that much stock, vendors can give them better wholesale deals (like buying in bulk from Sam's Club?). That means more money in their pockets, so why not push them? That is when being an informed consumer really helps-and it pisses off salesmen too. The GC in Harrisburg PA has a ton of Epi's, Ibanezes and Fenders, but only a few Jacksons-and they are down at the back of the store, and hanging higher up. Last time I was there, they had all the "starter pack" guitars piled up in front of the entrance-Squiers, Ibanezes, EPi's. And a ton of Crate amps! Every kid must have gotten one for Christmas this year!

Comment

Originally posted by kit robertshaw:
                      The availability is ok here in Scotland [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] My local music shop in Inverness has just got a load of new Jackders in stock. But to be honest who wants a Jackder? not me
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd take a Jackder over a JAkaison, thank you. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Ok, this is for all of us Europeans: Buy your Jacksons from US dealers and stop whining!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've bought two SL2H from two different dealers (OSG and KEvin) and had great service. I didn't pay taxes cause I have a workaround, but even with taxes you'll get them for less than with European stores, and you'll get them much faster.

Ok, you cannot try them out before buying. Big deal, if you don't like'em, you can probably sell them for more than what you paid them for, since they are so "rare" in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden:
                          Ok, you cannot try them out before buying. Big deal, if you don't like'em, you can probably sell them for more than what you paid them for, since they are so "rare" in Europe.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yes, they often don´t sell, but i think that is because today jackson is not "IN" here in germany. nearly everybody owns and plays IBZ these days, and they often don´t know that jackson is the better guitar.

that´s the market. sad but true.

i bought four guitars over ebay in the last 6 month, and i didn´t had any problems. so if i had the money, i would buy a soloist too.

the next jackson that i buy, will be a cutsomshop order and of course i´ll order it in the US and not in germany.

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden:
                              I didn't pay taxes cause I have a workaround, but even with taxes you'll get them for less than with European stores, and you'll get them much faster.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">could you explain your workaround a little closer maybe?
                              I'm not about to import an instrument myself and deny taxes, no way, I'm just errrmm... curious. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

taxes in germany suck big time!! I once ordered some electric parts from easton for about 110 dollars and had to pay over 40 euro for taxes!!
                              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
                                could you explain your workaround a little closer maybe?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Relatives in the US who come to Europe twice a year. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X