new Jackson owner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Jackson owner question

Hello. I'm a newbie here & hope I'm posting this question in the right section. I just purchased a Jackson KVX10 King V. It's dark metallic blue with Duncan Designed pups. I've been wanting to buy a Jackson for 20 yrs now & I've finally done it! It was worth the wait cuz I love this guitar! I'm thinking of replacing the Duncan Designed's with a Seymour Duncan Distortion(bridge) & Jazz(neck) but the jury's still out on that one. My main question is I need a case to protect this beauty & was wondering if I should get the Jackson JCC901 or JCC202 case? - Thanks...Rob

Re: new Jackson owner question

I don't know about the case... but I do know that the Duncan Distortion in the bridge of my KVX10 kicks endless amounts of ass! Go for that one! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

A case is always a good investment for any guitar. Perosnally,I dislike gig bags,I don't even know if V shaped guitars will fit in a gig bag [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyways,there's this case on ebay right for pretty cheap.

Comment

Welcome, and congrats on the King V!

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I think I will go with the Distortion in the bridge. & that case is cheap! Wow, $35 US! Up here in Canada its $150 new! The thing with those flying V cases though is, they're huge! They're twice the size of my strat case. Well ,at least my investment will be protected.

This is a cool forum! Anyone here hang out at the Seymour Duncan forum? I've been there for years.

Cheers...Rob

Comment

Popped in and out there a few times over the years. I've finally found a home though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A fellow Canadian,howdy! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Yeah,those V cases are freak huge but they're worth having. I've been working on getting a couple Performer RRs and I only pick out ones that come with cases cause I know how hard it is to find V cases afterward you get the axes [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I was pretty surprised when I saw a few cases like that on ebay,I don't see them very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw:
                Yeah,those V cases are freak huge but they're worth having. I've been working on getting a couple Performer RRs and I only pick out ones that come with cases cause I know how hard it is to find V cases afterward you get the axes [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] I was pretty surprised when I saw a few cases like that on ebay,I don't see them very often.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Outlaw: How's it goin' eh? How's the west coast? Gotta love BC! So is it just me, or are Jacksons making a huge comeback? Is it because Fender bought them out? Personally, I love em, & think they're up there with Strats & Les Pauls, but do you ever run across people who say: "Jacksons? Are they still around? Weren't they an 80's metal fad?"

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie G:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Outlaw:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Outlaw: How's it goin' eh? How's the west coast? Gotta love BC! So is it just me, or are Jacksons making a huge comeback? Is it because Fender bought them out? Personally, I love em, & think they're up there with Strats & Les Pauls, but do you ever run across people who say: "Jacksons? Are they still around? Weren't they an 80's metal fad?" </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">West coast ain't too bad,needs a better metal scene though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Jacksons seem to be making a small come back. I've been a Jackson freak since about 2 years ago when a friend's friend let me play his Jackson...oh that neck [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I haven't noticed a popularity jump due to the Fender buy out,then again it is a small town with a zero metal scene and a bunch of old Strat/Telecaster/LP blues and country pickers [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello my fellow Canuck. I'm here in Alberta, and a lot of people around here started getting Jacksons after I got mine, I kind of started some kind of jackson fad [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] congrats on the V.

Comment

I,m from Sechelt B.C,where abouts in B.C do you live? Congrats on you,re new purchase I recently got a rr1 the usa select series rocks

Comment

Originally posted by diffrent strings:
                        I,m from Sechelt B.C,where abouts in B.C do you live? Congrats on you,re new purchase I recently got a rr1 the usa select series rocks
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually I'm from northern Ontario. Brrrr. So you have a RR1 USA Select! Awesome! Randy is my guitar hero still after all these years. What pickups do you have in it?

Comment

the stock duncans

Comment

I use a Distortion / Jazz combo myself. I've found it really gives me the best of both worlds.

Comment

I prefer active pus.

Comment

Working...
                              X