Photoshop Wizards I Need You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Wizards I Need You

I'm thinking about ordering a custom GMW star in a couple months and I need someone to make me a pic of what I'm thinking of would actually look like.

Anyway,
    Black Star
    24 Fret, Iron Cross Inlay, pointy, Ebony Fretboard
    1 Volume
    1 Bridge Humbucker(black of course)
    String Thru Tune-O-Matic
    Splitter for Humbucker
    Sperzel tuners

Anyway, I'm thinking either black hardware OR Gold Hardware with creme neck and head binding, creme humbucker and a creme pickup bezel.

If one of you "Photoshop Wizards" has some extra time and could cook those up for me that'd be great.

Thanks

Re: Photoshop Wizards I Need You

Help/Bump

Comment

Well...I'm a PS "junkie". I would help you out, but I am more into logo's & designs. It sounds to me like you have it all figured out. What are you looking for, someone to draw it out? Or do you need something like the grnerator? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Just basically want someone to slap together a pic of what it will basically look like. Much like the generator would do, but it doesn't do stars. I was gonna do it myself just by copying and pasting the various parts from differant guitars and assembling them into one...but I decided I didn't want to search for hours when some of you "Wizards/Junkies" could probably whip something up in a lot less time.

Comment

Here you go. The body scale may be off slightly... I had to guess on the size.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Damn, I need a star
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Those are Iommi crosses not Iron Crosses. But now that I see that...fuck Iron Cross. Thanks a lot man.

EDIT: Sometime around April when I get my tax return, I'm definately ordering this.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleHead:
                Those are Iommi crosses not Iron Crosses. But now that I see that...fuck Iron Cross. Thanks a lot man.

EDIT: Sometime around April when I get my tax return, I'm definately ordering this.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Post a pic so I can see how close I came. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry about the cross not being right. What's the difference? Is the horizontal part of the cross vertically centered on the Iron Cross?

- E.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Christ, that Star is BEAUTIFUL!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Yeah, the Iron Cross is symmetrical like a "plus" sign. I agree, the Iommi Crosses look better on that Star!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That's an iron cross. I think the ones you used look better than they ever could have. I already got a basic quote from Lee over at GMW and this is gonna cost me about 3 times more than I have ever paid for a guitar before. He said a build time of 6 months, so whenever I get my tax return(I'll actually have enough for a %50 down payment) I'll be ordering her for sure.

Comment

Iron Crosses in their natural habitat... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleHead:
                        definately
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RattleHead:
                          definately
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In all honesty I noticed I spelled it wrong. I left it like that so you could feel special [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Alex - For the Star, I think you have to start with an Ibanez Destroyer body. Neither my Warmoth nor Charvel import Stars matched up to my Explorer, and IIRC EVH hacked up a Destroyer to make the Star.
                            Anyhoo, both the front and rear points are angled more steeply than an Explorer.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                              Alex - For the Star, I think you have to start with an Ibanez Destroyer body. Neither my Warmoth nor Charvel import Stars matched up to my Explorer, and IIRC EVH hacked up a Destroyer to make the Star.
                              Anyhoo, both the front and rear points are angled more steeply than an Explorer.

Newc
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's just a Warmoth star shape. I pulled it off the internet, traced it in Fireworks, and then scaled it up.

- E.

Comment

Working...
                              X