Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo, Might be buying my first Jackson.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, Might be buying my first Jackson.............

In a few months when i come over to America for a Holiday. I'm think of getting a new RR-5 or maybe a secondhand RR-1 or KK-2 when i come over. Does any of you know how much second hand RR-1 or KK-2 go for over there? And also have any of you ever brought a guitar back home on a plain? Thanks.

Re: Yo, Might be buying my first Jackson.............

With KK, do you mean the Kelly or the King V model? Because there is no such thing as a KK2 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I mean Kelly. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Drip - He's asking if he'll have to pay import takes when he gets off the plane with it.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

which part of america are you going?

Comment

they won't say anything when you bring the guitar back.. just tell them you already had it. I travel a lot and take a guitar with me almost everywhere, no one has said anything ever. Some places will ask you to fill out a form on the plane, asking you the value of goods you purchased overseas... which you just lie on if you want... remember to take all the tags off though. England is pretty good at catching this but most places don't care.. half the time they don't even check the form when I'm coming into the US. So just make sure when you're going back to your country to take the tags off the guitar, get rid of the receipt or hide it well, and tell them you travelled with the guitar in the first place.

Comment

^KE-2

A second hand RR1 or KE2 go for about 1000$ used in good condition.

You can bring it on a plane, just be sure to take all of the tension off the strings. The pressure difference in the plane can mess up the neck.

Comment

I took a Soloist home with me a couple of years ago. They wanted me to check it in, which I wasn´t so keen on doing since I didn´t have a flightcase. But after meeting with the captain he decided I could put it in his closet, so all is well that ends well. However, flightsecurity has tightened alot since then.

Either way...take some tension off the neck, like Grasshopper said.

Comment

Ok then, thanks for all the replys. Do you have yo pay tax or something when you take the guitar home?

Comment

pay tax?

no...if you get it on Ebay or from an online dealer. There shouldn't be any taxes. Unless you purchase it within the same state..then it'll cost whatever your state's sales tax rate is.

you will have to pay shipping.

Comment

Congrats on deciding on a Jackson [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . I have had luck so far taking guitars on a plane using normal cases. Here is what I do:
                      -as mentioned before, take the tension off of the strings
                      -store all loose parts (trem bars, bridges, etc...) seperately if they are not permanently attached to the guitar.
                      -pack extra soft things in the guitar case to cushion the guitar and to make sure that the guitar cannot move. Don't "overpack" and increase pressure, just enough to make sure it is not moving. I use things like socks, underwear (clean, of course), and t-shirts to do this.
                      -put the guitar case in the original cardboard box that the case came in. Again, make sure the case inside is not moving.

Following the steps above I have been able to transport four guitars successfully across the world. I have not had customs problems because the guitars were already mine. The only time I had a problem was when I carried a huge box for an RR shaped guitar. The airline said the box was "oversized" and charged me an extra $90 USD to take the box... total BS, but when you are at the gate checking in there is nothing you can do. The good thing about the charge, however, was that it came with some insurance. Just checking something in you will have no insurance.

Cheers,

-Mike

Also, what part of the US will you be going to? If you are in/around Los Angeles, I have some great 24 fret Rhoads that are Japan only. If you are interested, let me know (I can send you some pics). One is a string-through and one is a Schaller (as close as you can get to an OFR).

Comment

Hi thanks for all the replys! You guys rule! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I going to Florida. Do you know of any guitar shops that i should keep away from? Or and good ones for that matter? Around how much are you asking for the rhoads iced earth? I'm only 15, so i won't have over around $1200 to spend on a guitar when i come over, unless i get my self a job, cutting grass or something like that! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Can you send me some picks of the rhoads Ices Earth? My e-mails [email protected] . What do you all think of the rhoads and the Kellys? I try a RR-5 a while back and that beat the crap out of my epiphone SG! Thanks!

Comment

phanto... email sent.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X