ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

Ok, so I decided I want another V to go with my other Jasksons and Gibson. I'm really leaning towards the ESP but i'm not 100% sure. The KV2T is about $600.00 less than the DV8 but I really like the feel of my Y2KV. From what I've read the DV8 is similar in design to what the Y2KV was. Do you guys think the ESP is worth the extra $$$. Another problem is that there aren't any good ESP dealers in the Chicago area so it looks like drumcityguitarland will get the call. I hate to buy something without playing it but I may have no choice if I go with the ESP. I KNOW this is a Jackson board but I'm sure there are more than a couple guys here that also have ESP's. My GAS pains are getting REALLY BAD!

Re: ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

The KV2T has better inlays, the DV8 has one inlay.
    The KV2T has stupid-looking pearloid buttons on the tuners, the DV8 does not.
    The KV2T is smaller than the DV8.
    The KV2T is a Jackson, the DV8 is a Jackson ripoff [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$600 more for an inferior guitar ? ESP makes a nice guitar, but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by 10SECONDLX:
        From what I've read the DV8 is similar in design to what the Y2KV was. Do you guys think the ESP is worth the extra $$$.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no.

Comment

I'm sure the ESP DV8 is a well built guitar. It's just a matter of whether you like its look and features enough to fork out the extra cash.

Personally, I can't believe Dave put that silly pickguard on it. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Did you really think the people here would give the DV8 the nod?

Comment

Indeed

Just look at that picture of the White KV2T on one of the threads around here.

Comment

Chuckracer I figured the DV8 might not go over well here. I do admit side by side the KV2T is a better looking guitar (inlays, headstock & no pickguard). You think the extra $600.00 is Dave's cut? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, if you're a huge Dave fan, go for it. That is why I bought my PC1, because I'm a huge Def Lep and Phil Collen fan. Uh, wait a minute. That is NOT the reason why I bought it. It just happens to be an awesome guitar at a great USA friendly price. Don't let someone's name hinder your judgment...go for the JACKSON KV2T!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by 10SECONDLX:
                    You think the extra $600.00 is Dave's cut? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably. I say, go ahead and get it, and give us a detailed review/comparo! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ February 17, 2004, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ask this on the ESP board and see what kind of response you get. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

find someone who already has a DV8 and ask their opinions.
                        then ask the opinions of those poeple who have a KV2T. I think a few members of this board already own it.

$600 dollars is a lot of money though.

good luck on your decision.

Comment

I've got a few ESP's too and there really is no decision - get a Jackson.

Brett

Comment

I'm not fanatical about Dave Mustaine but if I were, I'd want to play the guitar he used in his heydey, not the one he got in his golden years.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well if I decide to get the KV2T I will give Easton Guitars a call. I went ahead and printed the KV2T and the ESP DV8 side by side and in the looks department the Jackson wins hands down. I talked to Jason at DCGL and he said quality wise they will be about the same. The ESP version of the DV8 hasn't hit dealers yet but it sounds like any day they will. I guess it's looking like the KV2T is the better deal, I mean Mustaine is one of my guitar heros but he wouldn't even be at ESP if Jackson wasn't owned by FMIC. Hamer and Gibson were his first choices before ESP from what I have read in his interviews.

Comment

Working...
                              X