ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

I just really think the 8 ball inlay is lame. Another thing is that the ESP isn't made in the USA where the Jackson is made in the USA which is better. They have different headstocks and I like the ESP headstock more.

If someone gave me the choice I'd choose the KV2T mostly because it isnt a Sig Series and the USA made thing.

Comment

ESP makes a nice guitars but Jackson makes a great, awesome, luscious....bla..bla..guitars..

Comment

I've seen the DV8 at a couple of internet places for $769.00 Where are you finding a USA Jackson V for less than that? Or are we talking the non "LTD" DV8?

Comment

The 769 would be for the LTD DV8R. The ESP DV8 lists for like $3300! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

They're pretty much the same axe though.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The LTD lists for $1099
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernComfort:
              Another thing is that the ESP isn't made in the USA where the Jackson is made in the USA which is better.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] You think the japanese don't know guitar building? Think again!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NorthernComfort:
                Another thing is that the ESP isn't made in the USA where the Jackson is made in the USA which is better.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] You think the japanese don't know guitar building? Think again! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is the thing I wanted to say... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] There was a time all the japs could do was ripping off, but I think those guys have caught up with the USA in skills, but they usually choose to make them cheaper, for marketing reasons. I think it is nostalgic to simply say the USA stuff is better anyway, because it is US made, but nostalgic or not: it is bullshit: it is what they choose to make, what they actually make

Harrald

Comment

y'know....the dv8 was just a reissue of their version of the king v that they had out a few years ago. i remember seeing a charcoal grey one in a sam ash a few years ago. from what i remember, it didn't have that lame stretched out rr pickguard, and it didn't have the stupid 8 ball inlay. it actually was a nice lookin guitar. no idea of the model name at that time, but i'm sure you could find a used one on ebay and save the dough.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

IMHO, the DV8 looks like @ss. The KV2T looks better, costs less, and is at least the same quality, most likely better. It's a no brainer to me. Go with the Jackson.

Another factor to consider is scale length, if you have a preference there, though. I believe KV2T production is either about to or has switched over to short scale, though the earlier ones are 25.5.

Comment

Sully, that prior model was the LTD V-350. Basically, a better-looking version of the DV-8, with EMG-Hz pickups, better inlays, and no pickguard. But the V-350 had a Floyd, which might disqualify it from 10SECONDLX's search. Of course, you can get a V-350 on ebay for about $300 or so nowadays, so they are a pretty good deal.

Personally, I wasn't that impressed with a V-350 I played once, but then, I've never been that fond of any of the ESPs I've played. And it's not because I'm a Jackson 'partisan'. Rather, ESPs have never played or sounded the way I like. They might be perfect for others, though. I do think that the V-350 is cool-looking, though, with the extended 'fins' and all...

Comment

i knew one of you guys would know that! the one thing i actually did like about the v-350 ( i didn't play it tho) was the...recessed (?) area in what i call "the crotch" of the v. i thought it was a cool design. i also like the fact that they were bigger than the king Vs, which i think are too damn small, imo.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

pro-fusion, you hit it on the head. I don't want a Floyd, Kahler etc...I want a string thru V. That is why I condidered the ESP DV8 plus I'm a big Mustaine fan. Yes the DV8 lists for $3300.00 but sells for $2150.00 with a case. The LTD version is $769.00 but I don't care for the LTD. The KV2T lists for $2595.00 but sells for $1550 with case. I can say that my KH-2 I just sold was as good as my USA Jacksons as far as fit and finish. Hell, even the little skull and crossbone inlays were PERFECT.

Comment

The DV8 sells for $2150? Damn...wouldn´t a customshop KV land in that pricerange?

Comment

Originally posted by 10SECONDLX:
                              the DV8 lists for $3300.00 but sells for $2150.00 with a case.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Daaaaaaaaaaamn

The KV2T lists for $2595.00 but sells for $1550 with case.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not supposed to post prices, but is that GuitarCenter Prices ? seems kinda steep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 10SECONDLX:
                                the DV8 lists for $3300.00 but sells for $2150.00 with a case.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Daaaaaaaaaaamn

The KV2T lists for $2595.00 but sells for $1550 with case.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not supposed to post prices, but is that GuitarCenter Prices ? seems kinda steep.
                                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it is ok to post prices from shops. Just dont say, "*insert internet dealer here* sells the KV2T for $1550 with case".
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X