ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP DV8 vs Jackson KV2T

I don't like the esp headstock. I have always prefered 3 pegs per side on V headstocks. I like the new KV headstock, as well as the older Dave signature models headstock and of course the gibson V headstock. I just can't see what makes the ESP version worth so much more. Were I in your shows, I would go for a KV2 custom shop.

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by 10SECONDLX:
      The LTD version is $769.00 but I don't care for the LTD.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The guitars are the same except the LTD has:

-rosewood fretboard instead of ebony
      -LTD logo instead of ESP

Everything else is exactly the same! If one were a cheapskate, one could do the following for not much money:

-place ESP logo on headstock
      -ebonize the fretboard
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Electric Sound Products [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes they are the same design, but that's where it stops. The ESP's are MUCH better in quality than the LTD version. The more serious I get and REALLY comparing them the KV2T seems to be the way to go. If someday I want a DV8 I'm sure there will be some good deals on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
            y'know....the dv8 was just a reissue of their version of the king v that they had out a few years ago. i remember seeing a charcoal grey one in a sam ash a few years ago. from what i remember, it didn't have that lame stretched out rr pickguard, and it didn't have the stupid 8 ball inlay. it actually was a nice lookin guitar. no idea of the model name at that time, but i'm sure you could find a used one on ebay and save the dough.

sully
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I saw one of those V-350s in a pawnshop about a year ago, and it actually was a tunomatic with string-thru. That's why I didn't try it, if it'd had a Floyd I'd have been interested
            in at least playing it; it did look pretty cool, too.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X