X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: emg 81 running at 18 volts?

Directly from the EMG website (Q & A section)....And I quote:

Can I use multiple batteries?

Yes. If you've got room for multiple batteries in your guitar, you can use two batteries wired in series to power your onboard circuitry at 18 volts. The output level will not appreciably increase, but you'll have increased headroom and crisper transients. This is especially useful for percussive/slap bass styles where you can generate enormous instantaneous power levels across the entire frequency spectrum.

You can also wire two batteries in parallel to provide a regular 9 volt supply but with much longer lifespan between battery changes.

Although most of our products are rated for 27 volts, we recommend a maximum of 18 volts. The additional benefits of 27 vs. 18 volts are negligible.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

OR, you could run 2+2 giving you long-life 18V power [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (by this time your axe is probably tipping the Les Paul scale though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Michael, check out my threads here and here for the whole 85b/81n bravado [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      a lot of people seem to have opened their eyes(and ears) for this config lately! we're on a crusade here...who cares what James/Kirk/Zakk/+++ says?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] rock on.

- Rune. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rune The Axeman:
        OR, you could run 2+2 giving you long-life 18V power [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (by this time your axe is probably tipping the Les Paul scale though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hahaha, I actually mentioned it in this post too:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=000591#000006

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Slayer... Yeah, the 85 at the bridge running 18V is my favorite. It's great for plugging into a tube amp direct. Pushes the preamp stages quite nicely and just has so much more depth, chunkiness and crunch to them. It's got quite a bit of character.

MichaelMadeja... The 81 as the bridge is a nice pickup... high gain, yet very flat on the EQ spectrum... crunchy, bright, and crisp. It's also like a lot of people say, sterile. I think it's mostly designed for applictions where you are doing a lot of processing to the signal. It's probably the best suited for huge rack systems, where your actual sound is sculpted into what you want, where as the 85 gives you what you need straight into a tube amp.

But I really like the 81, and have dual 81s in my Warrior, though I've been considering to add the 85 in there, and set it to 18v too.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yes, Xeno, I run directly into my amp, only useing the onboard Graphic EQ, but the 85 still blows the 81 away in tone and crunch in my book!! Jack.

Comment

Oh man, last night I was ready to put my EMGs on 18 volts, got the soldering iron our, battery clip, and ...... no spare 9v battery in the house! I have to get one tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X