Custom shop? or just an SL2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop? or just an SL2

At the GC near my house there is a beautiful (SL2). I think. The guys there say it is a custom shop guitar bought from a local collector who only owns Custom Shop guitars. Price $1500.00
    The guy there said you could tell it was custom shop because it has no inlays.

Anyway here is why I am having trouble with this statement. Didn't the SL2 come without inlays?
    Ok first it has no inlays, no binding on the headstock, black binding on the neck, and it doesn't say custom shop on the HS either. I know that doesn't mean anything for sure but weird.

Oh and here is the kicker... serial # on the neck at the pickup looks like someone started to remove it with a (fine grit) dremel tool.
    All i could make out was like UOxxx8xx maybe, not sure exactly.

Oh yeah it has 2 hums, 1 volume 1 tone with a toggle in the middle. And a Jackson licensed floyd rose.

Well what do you think? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Custom shop? or just an SL2

You are right, it's a production SL2. They're full of shit.

Comment

Wouldn't it be an SL2H???? Or something like that.
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sounds like a regular SL2. It also probably has Armstrong pickups and the import J580LP trem. I'd point that out to those GC idiots.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats what i thought!

I edited my first post as well!

licensed floyd!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
            Wouldn't it be an SL2H???? Or something like that.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sort of, since it has two humbuckers, but it's got no inlays, black binding, and the import trem and Armstrong pups like I mentioned above. I believe they were made around '97/'98.

Comment

I swear there's a model name for this.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
                I swear there's a model name for this.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it's called the SL2.

Comment

Yeah I remember looking at it around xmas thinking that I just couldnt justify $1500 just because it doesnt have inlays. Then I was reading on here about the SL2 vs the SL2h and I thought to take a closer look at it tonight. I told the one dude that works there "Chuck" and all he could say was "really, I don't know that much about Jacksons"
                  Yeah apparently not!

Comment

I believe they were made in red, blue, gunmetal gray and yellow. Not sure of any other colors offhand.

Comment

Yupp!! It looks exactly like those except its metallic red.

Comment

if it was a custom shop , would it not have a "J" or no letter at all for the first digit in the ser.#? instead of the "UO"
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

if it was a custom shop , would it not have a "J" or no letter at all for the first digit in the ser.#? instead of the "UO" [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

It is a very nice guitar and its in absolute mint condition but it aint worth $1500.00!!!

I hope they really did pay $1000.00 for it.
                            I cant wait to go back in there and tell them its worth like $600 or $700. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry for the double...uummmmm..triple post [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X