Laiho/rhoads 24 fret idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laiho/rhoads 24 fret idea

what if you took a Kramer Vanguard body and put a jackson 24 fret neck on it? do you think it would work?

the only problem would be it has and oddly placed neck pickup(I'm guessing it has something to do with its having 24 frets) that looks ugly.

just a thought.

Re: Laiho/rhoads 24 fret idea

this belongs in teh non-charvel/jackson guitars forum.

Comment

What a ....oh yeah...nOOb! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

why not tell the noob what's up ron?
        I'm sure someone told you... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

just think of it noob. if you replace a 22-neck with a longer one on the same body every fret will be pushed up (towards headstock) for a couple of mm. the whole guitar will be longer and if you put'em both (the 22 and 24 fret modded guitar) side by side in your mind you might see that you got 24 frets now, but the first 22 frets have moved their position. the scale won't fit any longer and everything will be horrible out of tune.
        you got to route the neck-body-joint out a bit so the two extra frets find some space right under the standart frets, so these won't have to leave their previous position. you got it? I'm quite bad in those things... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

what scale is this vanguard btw?
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I've seen Vanguards with both 22 and 24 frets, but the body appears to be a bit differently sculpted than the Rhoads - at least on the 24 fret models.

Comment

Originally posted by micha:
            if you replace a 22-neck with a longer one on the same body every fret will be pushed up (towards headstock) for a couple of mm. the whole guitar will be longer and if you put'em both (the 22 and 24 fret modded guitar) side by side in your mind you might see that you got 24 frets now, but the first 22 frets have moved their position.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the newer MusicYo Vanguards only have 24 frets. The old ones from the '80s had 22. Maybe there were some in the '80s with 24, but I can't remember.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey.

Well, it wouldn't work visually.

Both guitar(His and The vanguard pro) hav a 25.5 inch scale length)...
              so technically a 24fret jackson neck for the same scale legnth would work (i;ve seen it done on a charvel avenger with a Kelly neck... (the guy duck out the neck pocket though).

In theory your idea works.
              THere should be minimal cutting needed.
              I say Vanguard pro cause it has the normal pickup config... original floyd, etcetc.
              However, its neckthru so you'd need to basically just change headstock....which i wouldn't recomend.

Now, visually.

The Vanguard has a blade selector switch and some volumes and tones i believe.
              Also the bevels are cut totally differently.
              Alexi just has one volume and a Je-1000.

So dude, tis your call, but after everything, you'd be better off buying a Custom shop rhoads if you want to be like alexi.

Comment

well, a custom shop doesn't make an alexi out of you, and I think you can't really compare those alternatives price-wise, but anyway...

@noob
                if this vanguard really is available in 24 frets, why put another 24 fret neck on it?
                same scale, smae length, why change it?

Comment

Cause the headstock looks like a dildo.

http://www.penguinsound.com/guitar_p...ard%20PRO.html

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFL!

Comment

Well, wouldn't it be easy to cut the headstock so it's pointy? This is something I was thinking of doing if I ever got a Yo Baretta.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

maybe noob prefers the Jackson profile? I'm not a big fan of the Yo Kramer necks. Not that they're bad, but they just don't appeal to me.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, i've never played it but spec wise is basically a half price RR1 with a different neck.

If you're on a budget, you might as well get it and just....stick a sticker over "KRAMER!"...

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">alright... that would be a reason... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X