Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KV1 Question

Hiya fellas,

Haven't posted in awhile, but have a question and figured no place better to come and ask than here [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Just wondering how much I should expect to spend on one of these guitars, brand new vs. used? I've been wanting one for the damned longest, and seeing how I'm in a position to save a little money now, I thought I should finally look into this. I'm aware it's gonna be a pain to find one new, but I'm looking for one in as close to perfect condition as I can find. Would anyone happen to know where I can find one for sale, or if anyone has one for sale, drop me a line. Thanks a bunch.

- Irfaan -

Re: Jackson KV1 Question

I don't think you're going to find one new...they were discontinued a few years ago. A good used one should be around 1000-1400 on ebay, depending on the condition.

Comment

I've gone though my fair share of KV-1's in the past couple of years. My average score on 'em was $1000 - $1300. I bought 3 DEAD MINT KV-1's (korina, pearl black & gloss black) all at about $1250 each. About a year ago I did extensive research on new old stock KV-1's. Out of about 50 phone calls and countless hours on the web (yeah, I was bored ! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) I came up with one lead and it was a dead end.

You may have to go through a couple of 'em to find a jem (and that could be a long wait seeing as they are becoming very scarce), but even the "worst" KV-1 that passed through my hands was still not all that bad.

Also - FYI - I did email McD 6 or so months ago about a custom shop "copy" of my '99 KV-1 and they said they could oblige (without Daves sig, of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). They did have a new APM 3310 on hand aparently at the time. You wouldn't be talking too much more money than finding a mint one out on ebay.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the help fellas

Comment

Yeah, figure to spend $900-$1200 on one. They're rare, but pop up ocassionally.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

it took me a while to get my KV1s and since I do not live in the US, I had to pay a steep price to get them(used, not brand new).

Like what the others have said, I have seen KV1s sell from $1000 to $1500 in USA.

They do popup once in a while(like in Ebay) or even the JCF classifieds.

Just keep your eyes open...
            good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X