• Show
Clear All

• I painted my bevels.

<CENTER></center>

Opinions?

This was my first bevel painting job.

[ February 23, 2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Re: I painted my bevels.

The bevels look good from here. Now, about that bumper sticker...hmmm [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Come on [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bodom are one of the best bands ever!

ANd dont turn this into a Flame CoB thread, this is about my bevels, not a band i like and (in some cases) you dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:

ANd dont turn this into a Flame CoB thread, this is about my bevels, not a band i like and (in some cases) you dont.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bro, I don't know COB from Shinola, and I wasn't bashing them. I like the bevels you painted, I just thought the guitar would look better without ANY bumper sticker on it. Chill dude. I was probably out of line for mentioning it. Sorry.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

good shit dood.

Comment

That rhoads looks awsome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

LOOKS GOOD!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

Looks sweet bro! nice work. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Child Of Norther:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bro, I don't know COB from Shinola, and I wasn't bashing them. I like the bevels you painted, I just thought the guitar would look better without ANY bumper sticker on it. Chill dude. I was probably out of line for mentioning it. Sorry. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey sorry dude, i wasn't accusing you of anything, i just figured as you mentioned it, others would start a CoB flame thread, but i was obviously wrong, thanks.

Comment

How did you do it? Did you sand down to the wood and paint, or paint over the finish? Bevels are awesome.

Comment

Very cool!! Follow The Reaper! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You did a good job. How did you do it. How many coats, what clear coat did you use on-top if you did, ect.

Lose the sticker though, yuck, haha.

Comment

What i did was sand it down to the wood...

MAsking tape it off with like 50 layers of masking tape [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Put like 5 really misty coats on with 20mins inbetween them tio make a base coat.
                            Lave that to dry overnight...

Put 3 heavier coats on... Left it to dry for a 2days.

And took the tape off.

I have to use my guitar for school on thursday so i dont have time to laquer it, but i;m doing that on friday.

Comment

CoB is killer, don't they have the guitarist that also plays in Sinergy??? That band kicks ass as well.
                              As for the bumper sticker on the guitar itself, I totally think that should be taken off.
                              Stickers are meant to go on cases, never guitars -- I think that automatically makes a guitar look cheap and junky....but that's my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X