I'm beyond frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm beyond frustrated

Is it just me, or do Jacksons have almost no resale value among the average guitar audience? I'm having financial issues again, and I decided to put my KBX up on eBay... this has been kind of an on again off again thing for me for a few months now. I need to get rid of the damn thing... I'm not playing it as much as I thought I would and it's just sitting around collecting dust. Almost nobody is interested. Has anyone else ever had problems selling their Jackson? What is it that people don't seem to like about them? I'm just going through a non-bass phase, myself. Nothing against the KBX or Jackson in particular.

Re: I\'m beyond frustrated

Since Marty left, Kellys have declined rapidly in resale value. People used to fight over anything - KE-3, Kelly XL Pro, KE1, KE2 - even the basses. Today you practically gotta pay someone to haul them off.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Really? I've been trying to find a decently priced near mint to mint KE1 or KE2 in black or trans black, and I can't seem to even touch one for under a grand.

Sure a year or two ago, they were relatively flat.

Find me one for $700 that's mint, and I'll follow you around everywhere, worship you and give you free guitar gear. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

But Jackson basses have always been low dollar items. Really not much interest or resale value in them.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It's a shame. I hope somebody takes me up on my offer. I'd let it go for 300 plus shipping at this point.

Comment

Black Mask, what did you expect to get for it?
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

If your going the Ebay route, make sure you have killer pictures..if you can design the auction page with HTML that helps too. I just sold a Japanese Dinky XL for almost $500 (which was double any previous offer) due to upgrading my auction..

check it out: (this auction is long over..just using it as an example)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2372441754

Comment

I just looked at your auction. If I had the cash to spare I would gladly take it off your hands.

Comment

I'd love to have it, but am tapped for cash right now. Are you open to trades?

Comment

Woops, didn't read enough. I was looking at the deviltronox's post. Sorry

Comment

Really? I've been trying to find a decently priced near mint to mint KE1 or KE2 in black or trans black, and I can't seem to even touch one for under a grand.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Xeno, you got a P.M. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried finding and can't! I know you cant post a link but what would some key words be? I sell things on eBay sometimes and I have gotten pretty good at it. Just thought I might be able to offer some pointers. Not bragging, cause I am definitely not perfect.
                      Well close anyway! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                        Black Mask, what did you expect to get for it?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't expect to get more than 350 to 4. Which I think is a fair price. I've sunk down to 300... I don't think I'm going to go any lower for now. I knew I'd lose money (I'm not an idiot) but I didn't know how much I'd lose. I mean, I'm not going to just GIVE it away.

Comment

Working...
                        X