Ok, possible stupid question about a shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, possible stupid question about a shape

I believe they were Custom Shop only. Someone on this board actually had one made last year. I think the Custom Shop said they won't do them any more because they're a pain in the ass to paint in between the cutouts. And those bodies are pretty big, too!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anybody remember that Deicide blooddrip kelly?

It had some cutouts on it. Is that what you're talkin about? Drumcityguitarland used to have one. It was pretty mean lookin.

Comment

Besides....
        Ron was the only one with the cajones to go up sucker kick...AND b|tch slap Ed Roman at the NAMM show!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

On the brighter side though, Ron, we wouldnt want you any other way.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck we dont want you at all! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> On the brighter side though, Ron, we wouldnt want you any other way.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heck we dont want you at all! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldnt say that. His posts are quote entertaining sometimes. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one made, and received it just over a year ago. At the time, I was told by my dealer and Jackson that they would no longer make the King Kelly, or the Vinnie Vincent V, among others. I think that since Fender had acquired Jackson, they have lifted some of the previous restrictions (and imposed some new ones. I know they will do a guitar with the cuts, but no more Firebirds, Explorers, Flying V's etc. To get a King, it is an upcharge for a Custom body shape. If you wanted the weenie, Friedman sized Kelly, that is now the standard size. I absolutely love mine, and the body isn't too big, it is the correct size! My guitar isn't that heavy either, probably 9lbs or so, total lightweight compared to my Firebird!

Comment

Working...
              X