Mid boost circuit? Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid boost circuit? Help....

I bought a mid boost circuit off one of our members here for my Model 6. He said it was out of an RR1 so I figured it should work. My buddy who did the wiring for me said its not transferring any sound to the pickup or from the pickups whatever.. any way I need help. He said he wire it to turn on and off each pup but without the mid-boost. What should I do? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Mid boost circuit? Help....

Come on somebody... Anybody!!!

Comment

I don't know, but is there a fresh battery connected to it?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Uh yeah... and the amp is plugged in too. And its on... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, would you bother with the mid-boost or just say fork it and play it like it is?

Comment

Just wondering, because someone here one time thought the Jackson circuits would work without a battery. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Personally I liked the midboost when I had my Model 6, so I'd try to see if you could get it working. Maybe your buddy who did the wiring has it hooked up wrong? Hopefully someone else here can chime in and help you out.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if the mid boost in the RR1 is compatable (spellcheck ron). I found the schematic in the Jackson Museum and my friend said he followed it but some of the wires had been replaced on the board. Is there somewhere I can buy the right board or a newer version of it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It is supposed to be a JE-1200.

Comment

Sorry about this highjack wulfe,but this thread seems like as good place as any to ask about this:

Does anyone have a schematic of the JE-1000 mid boost circuit? I figure my little brother could probably build one and I'd like to get the schematics for him to give it a shot.

Comment

Come on somebody has to know this...

Yeah its a bump... I need help... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim Shine has this schematic. He had a link to it in an old thread, but it no longer works. Shoot him an email....
                  old wiring thread

Comment

Here's the schematic for the 1200e preamp from Models 4,5, and 6. Hope this helps!
                    1200e

Dave->

[ February 29, 2004, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ok thanks guys but I think I'm gonna just go with EMG's and call it done. Any opinions on that? Is there a reason I shouldn't. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I get my Shannon tomorrow via UPS. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] So I can go without the Charvel for awhile. My buddy is kinda slow (I aint gonna ***** about free), he does it when he gets a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X