Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMIC and Jackson Custom Quality since buyout...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMIC and Jackson Custom Quality since buyout...

It's been a while since Fender bought out Jackson... I'm getting ready to purchase my own custom pretty soon and I'm confident I'll get the guitar that I order.

One thing I've realized... I've heard about issues with distribution in Europe, getting parts, etc... but I haven't really heard anything about quality from the new shop.

Has anyone with a new FMIC Jackson had any quality issues? I haven't seen any, but before the buyout there were a number of them?

Either way, I just want to commend FMIC for doing a great job of letting Jackson be Jackson, yet improving on the QC. THANKS FMIC! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Re: FMIC and Jackson Custom Quality since buyout...

Even tho they moved to the fender shop i think its still jackson guys building jackson guitars.. correct me if im wrong. My sl2h MAh is top quality, and its after the buy out.

Comment

Well, my point is that the quality seems to have improved.

I don't recall seeing any quality issues/complaints SINCE Fender bought them, and thought I would point that out. There seemed to be plenty of issues prior to the buyout though.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have purchased 2 USA Jacksons since the buyout and I would agree that the quality on them is top notch.

Comment

I just bought a new SL2H in December and I think it is the finest guitar I have ever played. It is absolutely flawless, and the quality caused me to immediately place another order for a SL1. Considering what a POS Gibson or PRS costs, I think Jackson has the highest quality to price ratio out there.

Comment

The only issue I have had with any Jackson so far was 2 raised frets on my SL1. That was 6 mos after purchase and probably due to the nasty weather in NE last year. It was too dry.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

My only gripe is they still can get a little happy on the fretboard glue. My SL2H was after fender bought Jackson and my King V was prior to the buyout. Both had some glue on the fretboard, not terrible but still there.

Comment

i've seen two issues, one of them being on an anniversary strat, and the other on a kv.

the anniv strat neck had big gaps on the fretslots where filler usually goes. it looked like someone forgot to put the filler in there, and you could feel all the open fret slots. i was pretty surprised at that.

the other issue i saw was on a king v..it reminded me of some of the issues my jcf guitar had; messy chipped clear around the binding, and a few other things that i don't remember.

the kv had a crack in the neck from shipping, so it was going back to fmic. too bad, b/c it sure was purty.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

We haven't had any issues with the guitars that have been coming in since the buyout. Speaking as a Jackson dealer since 1991, I'd say the guitars that are coming in now are higher in quality than those from past years.

Matt
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

My KV2 says the completion date was just after the buyout. At first the problems were black marks on the binding on the neck which wont come off as well as poorly painted floyd route. There was white showing on the edges which looked pretty poor.

The main issue was 6 months down the road where I noticed the funny buzz on the D and E string had got progressively worse. It was there when I started but I figured it wasn't much of a problem. Only to find I was playing the intro to Hangar 18 and every time the open D rang it sounded like a sitar! I took my guitar down to a dealer who took off the truss rod cover for the first time to find a crack on the headstock where the nut goes right into the truss rod hole bit.

Its currently with fender at the moment, hopefully being repaired as its still under warranty.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                    X