New EVH Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New EVH Charvels

<font color="blue"> evhguitarshop </font> might as well had run that auction through the Classifieds...
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

This auction quote leads me to believe we may see regular production runs next year...

"And no more than 30 guitars in each model will
      be made available in 2004"

Comment

So did Ed just run out of tape on the back of that black/yellow one or what?

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So did Ed just run out of tape on the back of that black/yellow one or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the control plate.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I think that's the control plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would be correct, sir. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I was referring to the several smaller stripes near the bottom of the photo that just stop in space. Looks odd but I guess that's just his adding an artistic touch to the design. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

If I had a "trademark" body style, or even if I didn't, I dont want people coping my guitar. *hugs guitar*

I have a design thats sort of unique. The tape guitars are just badass. I especially like the old white with black tape one. that one, i really really drool over more than the red and black/yellow ones.

Comment

Oh man, I need a drool cup...even if they are knockoffs of the original designs. The black and yellow one was THE guitar that made me wanna play in the 1st place...but five grand? Dunno...

Comment

I asked my wife that I should sell my car to buy one of these.
                    She says no...
                    So how much will these will sell for ?
                    $51,500?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      EVH must have another multi platinum cd for him to be a name again...Nu metal is here for awhile and 80s stuff is ancient history..Whether ya like it or not ..de tuned nu metal is where the money and kids are...Plus he'll be dead from alcaholism soon anyway..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he doesn't need to sell any more for these to be a big hit... most of the people listening to nu-metal these days won't be able to afford $5000+ on a guitar, or especially care about it.

All the people who were EVH worshiping teenagers during the 80's and wouldn't have had the resources then NOW have the money to spend on one of these guitars, so I'm pretty sure that they'll sell rather well.

Just because Van Halen isn't big money or part of current popular trend means nothing. Think of the hundreds of thousands that went to the US Festival in 83, or all the other fans from that era... they're STILL fans, but we're all in our 30's and 40's now, and a guitar concept like this WILL work...

Remember, we're not talking 10,000 guitars. We're talking up to 90.... I'm sure there are still 90 rabid VH fans with money to blow these days.

And from what Morgan even said, Stratheads will only be limited runs, and we know that EVH stripes without EVH approval won't ever fly. So even if there was a signature production EVH model, it wouldn't be a strathead.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

haha, the high bidder, eddiethedrunk...i find that a humourous name.

edit* haha. other guys mentioned the basswood.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Looks like someone has a sense of humor </font>
                          eddiethedrunk( 0 ) is the current high bidder on both guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          A joke bid is my guess.

Comment

Hey, No shill bidding Ed [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

You sure that's not Ed's shill-bidding alter ego? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was wondering how long it would take for the circus to start.

Comment

i wonder if Lit bought one of these, eddie would let them use it in a video.

Comment

Working...
                                X