• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New EVH Charvels

This is a bizarre way to promote a guitar, but I guess
    EVH can do whatever he wants.

Comment

Those are sweet fiddles! I am not a big enough VH fan to justify over $5k for one of those. It is a great idea. Especially since he actually plays them in a show. Very cool. It will be fun to see how high these go.

Comment

You could probably warmoth one identical to that, for only about $800.

Comment

Looks like Eddiethedrunk's bids were cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised to see major goofball bogus bids such as that one in the last few minutes of the auction.

Comment

"Bidders must have a minimum of 25 Feedback ratings in order to take part in this auction"

Should cut down on the bogus bids from eddiethedrunk and valleriepounder etc.

Funny you have to have 25 feedbacks to bid but can be a 0 feedback seller [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm really surprised about the basswood body, I would have thought it would have been alder or soft maple. The Fender custom shop uses basswood on some of it's bodies, though. I guess that's where it came from. I have a friend who's got a $2600 Custom shop sparkle tele that's made out of basswood. At first I though, WTF?

Comment

Well, I just bid $6000 on the black & white one and quickly went down in flames. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Although many have figured tops, I believe the Peavey Wolfgangs come standard with basswood bodies. It was probably EVH's preference, and spec'd by the man himself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Although many have figured tops, I believe the Peavey Wolfgangs come standard with basswood bodies. It was probably EVH's preference, and spec'd by the man himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his Charvel or Kramer body was made of, but the Music Man Axis was Basswood with a maple cap, and as you say, the Wolfgang is Basswood as well. Obviously Eddie's choice.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You could probably warmoth one identical to that, for only about $800.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

Does anyone know what radius the fretboard is?

Comment

The neck plate looks cool. My wife would cut my dick off and feed it to the dog if I won one of these.
                        www.kiddhavok.com
                        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

For your (and the dog's) sake, I'm hoping either the wife doesn't have access to the JCF or you don't have access to that kinda cash. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

you'll still have your fingers skidd.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Kind of funny how the bidding seems to be going in tandem between the two guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]opcorn:

I'd guess that - in the end - the B&Y goes for several grand more, though.

Comment

Hmph. Seems the "popcorn" graemlin ain't working for me.

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X