No announcement yet.

Limited Edition Jackson help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread's 11 years old. And your pics are set to private, anyway.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Wow, this thread's 11 years old. And your pics are set to private, anyway.
      An 11 year old thread is the only thing close I can find about this guitar...

Sorry about the pics.. opened up now..

Thanks guys

Calvin

Comment

Do you have pics of the back? Swamp ash body, almost looks like an old ESP Mirage body.

Comment

I am getting my hands on it tomorrow. I take a look at the back then. Has been 10 years since I last saw it and if I remember correctly it looks like a normal bolt on Jackson from the back

Comment

Created a post for this guitar so I don't have to hijack this thread...

Cheers

Calvin

Comment

I found working pics of TC's guitar, and it looks like you have the same model. Both are ash. They did a very small limited run of Charvel stratheads in ash for the European market in '91, and iirc it had the block "limited" inlay at the 12th, so I wonder if these ash Dinkys were done for for the Europe market as well.

Comment

Just wondering what the cavity control looks like. Kind of a weird body shape for a Jackson, but could be legit.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	jack1_zps2y8c7spv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2447857Click image for larger version

Name:	11072614_10206268780826818_1020741501_n_zpsylevrh29.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2447858

Comment

Here's one of the '91 limited Euro Charvels:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    I found working pics of TC's guitar, and it looks like you have the same model. Both are ash. They did a very small limited run of Charvel stratheads in ash for the European market in '91, and iirc it had the block "limited" inlay at the 12th, so I wonder if these ash Dinkys were done for for the Europe market as well.
                    There ya go! Mostly likely for European market.

Comment

I am super excited here...

Comment

Great looking guitar...22 frets is pretty cool.
                        Is the high E string as close to the edge of the board as it appears?
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Just wondering what the cavity control looks like. Kind of a weird body shape for a Jackson, but could be legit.
                          It is different! It almost has a Carvin vibe with how round off the edges are. I was trying to figure out if it's a dinky or a full-size strat with cut-down horns, and I'm still not sure. Leaning more toward dinky...ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            Great looking guitar...22 frets is pretty cool.
                            Is the high E string as close to the edge of the board as it appears?
                            I will have to look tomorrow when it makes it's way into my loving arms. ( and will never leave)

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              It is different! It almost has a Carvin vibe with how round off the edges are. I was trying to figure out if it's a dinky or a full-size strat with cut-down horns, and I'm still not sure. Leaning more toward dinky...ish.
                              I was also thinking similar to the rounded Carvin body, but the old ESP Mirage was also quite similar.

Name:	95ESP.5.jpg
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2447859

Name:	mir.jpg
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2447860

Comment

Found one more bit of info from TC. Possibly a run for Canada?

Comment

Working...
                                X