Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me find a Jackson please!!!

BUY THIS NOW! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I know you have made the right decision with Jackson, congrats! The above link was posted earlier in the thread, but I posted it again for your convenience.

The "Buy it Now" feature on this DK2 is awesome for a regular DK2, let alone a lefty. Plus, it comes with the Jackson SKB case. Ebay is a great place to get great deals. Trust me, I have bought a Jackson PC1 and a Takamine EG523SC A/E. Both were great deals and guitars! If you don't have an account, it is very easy to start one and also set up a PayPal account.

Comment

If you have any doubts call the guy that is having the auction.

The number is on the website. He's a lefty, so he feels our pain. Ask for Ken

http://www.playbackcd.com/

Comment

Hey Fragger--I'm a newbie as well. My first guitar was a Harmon cheapo acoustic (I think I paid $80 with case). Pretty soon I needed an electric. Lloyd at Guitarxpress (www.guitarxpress.com) hooked me up with a sweet DK2 in Crimson Swirl. I would try him as well as KEvin Easton at Easton Guitars (www.eastonguitars.com). Both are stand-up dudes and could probably cut you a good deal on a DK2 with "ordinary" finish, i.e., a plain black, red, blue, etc. I bet with your $300 you'd be about 3/4 of the way to affording one.

Like I said, I'm a newbie as well, so the DK2 is definitely newbie friendly. My bro is an accomplished player and even he liked it. Said it had some nice tone and loved the action on it. What I'm trying to say is that it is a guitar you won't grow out of quickly (although I am already getting the itch for a SLATQ...but that is besides the point [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). If you have questions, I'd be happy to answer them, but I think the rest of these guys pretty much have it covered and know TONS more than me.

--Noe

Comment

Thanks for the links guys. I wish I had the money right now, about a $100 short of the guitars price. Just wish that you guys could let me know of deals like these when I actually have the whole cash.

By the way guys, I have a question about its body, I read somewhere in a review of some other guitar, that since that guitar had an Alder body, the guy didn't wanna invest in upgrading it. The DK2 has the Alder body, right? Would the above statemtn apply to the Jackson? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fragger:
            By the way guys, I have a question about its body, I read somewhere in a review of some other guitar, that since that guitar had an Alder body, the guy didn't wanna invest in upgrading it.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
            Uhhh...this is the reason why you should never take any of the reviewers at Harmony Central at face value. Too many idiots who don't have any idea what the hell they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fragger:
              By the way guys, I have a question about its body, I read somewhere in a review of some other guitar, that since that guitar had an Alder body, the guy didn't wanna invest in upgrading it.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              Uhhh...this is the reason why you should never take any of the reviewers at Harmony Central at face value. Too many idiots who don't have any idea what the hell they're doing.
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely! The amount of reviews I've seen over there by people who don't actually own the gear, but did play it at low volume in the guitar shop and therefore are eminently qualified to review it. bleh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Hmm, maybe you guys are right.

Also, I have another question. Isn't Jackson considered like a metal shredding guitar? I have seen many shredders and metalheads have these axes. If it is correct, then how come all the shredding legends like Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, and Satriani have basewood body guitars as their signature models? Just wondering why Jackson choses the Alder, and since I don't know much about this wood, maybe you guys can educate me further on this. Thanks again for your input guys!

Comment

You sure have a lot of questions. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I dunno, maybe many of the Ibby players like basswood? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I know many people here don't like it - but I have no opinion on the matter. What I do know about basswood, is that it is darker sounding than alder, and that it's also much softer.

As for alder - it's a nicely balanced tonewood that's very widely used in electric guitars.

Read more about tonewoods here:
                  http://www.warmoth.com/common/goodwood.htm

'bane

Comment

You sure have a lot of questions. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I dunno, maybe many of the Ibby players like basswood? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I know many people here don't like it - but I have no opinion on the matter. What I do know about basswood, is that it is darker sounding than alder, and that it's also much softer.

As for alder - it's a nicely balanced tonewood that's very widely used in electric guitars.

Read more about tonewoods here:
                    http://www.warmoth.com/common/goodwood.htm

'bane
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, being the noob that I'm, it is only natural for me to ask so many questions [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I thank you for your reply. More input would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone for their inputs so far!

Comment

Fragger, if you want a killer deal on a 1986 ibanez PM me.

It's got a Dimarzio Super Distortion in there allready, so you would be set. The neck is awesome and is a total shred machine. The Ibanez trem on it is as good as a floyd. I also have a hardshell case for it that would be included.

this one here:

http://richackermann.com/site/guitar...banezFull2.jpg

Body: Basswood
                      Pickup: Added Slanted Dimarzio Super Distortion
                      Neck: 22 fret maple with rosewood fretboard
                      Other: Ibanez Edge trem, single volume knob, 25 1/2 scale length, 1-5/8 nut width, Baby Blue Burst, mini dot inlays.

Comment

Fragger, as far as all your questions, maybe spend some time browsing all the forums here. Also, use the search function in each forum to find specific subjects. We most likely have discussed and answered everything you need (to death) on here already! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dammit Ron, where have you been? We could've used your help here! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                            Fragger, as far as all your questions, maybe spend some time browsing all the forums here. Also, use the search function in each forum to find specific subjects. We most likely have discussed and answered everything you need (to death) on here already! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a nice tip Ron, thanks!

Comment

Dammit Ron, where have you been? We could've used your help here! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Went out of town for a job interview, then stopped by my uncle's place for his birthday.
                              Glad you missed me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X