JE-1000 gainbooster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1000 gainbooster...

Does any one knows where I can get one or who has one for sale I need one really bad....

Re: JE-1000 gainbooster...

give kevin easton @ eastonguitars.com a call, i was talking to him about those yesterday.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanxs I will, But what you recomend better the JE-1000 or the EMG pa2...

Comment

The EMG hands down.

Comment

I have never come across a better sounding active circuit than Jackson's JE-1000. I have three such set ups in my guitars, my favorite one being in this 1988 Rhoads Custom, which coupled with the J-90C is sonic nirvana:
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I agree with charvel750. The JE-1000 setup is the best tone enhancement I have found over the years. I have 5 guitars set up with a passive EMG and the JE-1000T (2 Charvels, 2 Jacksons, & 1 '83 Squire - don't laugh, these guitars are great) and they are all tone monsters. The cool thing about this setup is you can turn it on/off, there is a gain pod on the circuit board, and there is a 3 band EQ with dip switches. If you can find one - go for it.

Comment

I think I have a JE-1000. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for one? I have the diagram for the JE-1200 I got at Jacksonmuseum.com but it doesnt help my buddy with the wiring. I am thinking about going EMG myself, if I cant find something soon.

Comment

I got one in my 1988 custom star. It rocks! It adds a LOT of sustain and overall power. Messes up the clean stuff though but who cares about clean stuff anyway! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I've only tried it with J50BC so don't know how
                it works with other pickups. I know some like to use it with J80 also.
                My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Approx how much is it?
                  where is it installed to?
                  can i install it in RR1?

Comment

I think you can install it into any guitar with pickups...

@joe; how would you compare the sound of the JE combined with the J50BC to the J90C?
                    guess the output is even higher, isn't it?
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

How much? When they were new they were about $75.00. I paid $40.00 for one about a year ago but it was from a buddy and fellow guitar addict.

Where is it installed? The unit goes into the control cavity. There must be enough room for the circuit board and a 9 volt battery. Since there is a toggle switch to turn it on/off, you have to drill a whole in the cavity. This may not be desirable for some guitars - it was done to my '84 Charvel - no regrets.

Install in RR1? Should be able to. I mostly have strat bodies.

Comment

Micha, yeah the J-90C is a high output pickup with increased gain. The J-50BC sounds great too, but it is warmer and rounder than the J-90, which is desireable for some. I like them both. And the J-80 is somewhere in between those, it's a distortion class pickup.

You can install the JE-1000 in any guitar, and as has been said, you can wire it for master volume, tone, and/or gain switch. And, if you play with the three mini switches on the circuit itself, you can still get good clean tones. But I did find that if you dial in a great gain tone it sometimes won't sound great clean. But there is a way for the best of both world's, I'd have to open up my cavity to figure it out. By the way, in the Rhoads up above, the circuit is wired to two 9 volts!

Comment

Yeah, she's warmed a few nights up for sure! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Charvel!Congrats for your custom Rhoads!She's an hot chick! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

PA2 vs. JE1000

I used to have the PA2 but I found a je-1000 so I replaced it and that's probably the best thing I've done for my guitar. EMG made the pickup sound dull and muddy while adding a considerable amount of hiss, je-1000 on the other hand, it beats the living crap out of emg. Now I can adjust the tone of the pickups to my liking giving it boost where needed (I use up-down-up) and it just sings. JE-1000 is also very quiet, almost no noise at all, nothing like the pa2.

JE-1000 worth hunting for.

Comment

Working...
                              X