Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this Charvel worth buying?

Originally posted by The Eristic:
    Then make a pass at her. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Seriously, what's cooler than a chick that plays a Charvel? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Eristic: Hey, nice to see a familiar name from HC here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I don't know man... a girl that played a Charvel in the 80's, she is much older than me for sure (I am 23). Of course, if she is hot enough, age is no obstacle [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Send a get well card to the gal with an offer for 400 when she's calmed down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I might just do that. What is the maximum I should offer her? (just to be sure, if you are American, please put USD at end of figure, thanks)

Comment

Sorry to hear about losing a good deal man, but the question should NOT be "is this Charvel worth buying" because as we all know, ALL Charvels are worth buying!
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Good Luck!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by RemCarr:

Good Luck!

Mike
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, I'll need it to come across another deal like that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

One more question:

IF there is a guitar exactly like I described in the initial post, except that the pickups are H-H, one volume one tone, what model would that be and how much would it be worth?

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang:
              IF there is a guitar exactly like I described in the initial post, except that the pickups are H-H, one volume one tone, what model would that be and how much would it be worth?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is the logo different? Sounds like a Model 5, but that wouldn't have the toothpaste logo.

Btw, here is the "Import Charvel Bluebook":

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=5;t=000314

Comment

The logo is the same toothpaste script, and everything else is exactly the same except the pickup configuration and 1 volume 1 tone.

Thanks for the link [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, one important distinction that I perhaps should mention.

The one I was asking about in the initial post has regular shark fin inlays.

This second one I am asking about has the REVERSED (or upsidedown) sharkfins. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Comment

That's probably a 550.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

550XL has dots and H-S config, no?

2 hums, reverse fins = 750XL. That's even nicer than the 650XL, unless you don't like a 24.75" scale. That's about the nicest Charvel out there, and worth $500 USD no probem. They sell for more, but $500 USD in Canada would constitute a steal, w/hsc.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hell yeah! The 750XL is an amazing guitar. Grab one if you can Leo!!

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          550XL has dots and H-S config, no?

2 hums, reverse fins = 750XL. That's even nicer than the 650XL, unless you don't like a 24.75" scale.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

In that case, I am glad I missed out on the 650 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks, I'll do my best not to let this one slip away [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                            Hell yeah! The 750XL is an amazing guitar. Grab one if you can Leo!!

Dave->
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll do my best [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Just making sure, is the 750XL the only Charvel with an archtop and scalloped horns?

Comment

Working...
                              X